March Swap ~ Brett's Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brett

Reaction score
I sent out 5 bottles of my session ale, and 1 bottle of some apfelwein.

Recipients are:
Pirate Ale
SuperiorBrew
Chillhayze

The session ale is a light blond ale. I carbonated it low due to a mistake on my gyling calculations, but the flavor is consistent with what it usually comes out to.

The apfelwein is simply 3 gallons of applejuice and one can of applejuice concentrate, fermented with montrechet yeast, then aged for around 4 months.

Popped the tops on a couple sessions yesterday. Nice pop to them, smelled great, little to no head but were close to fully carbed. Great looking, nice and clear.

Tasted great, May have had a slight extract twang, was it an extract brew?

Writing this made me want another so now I'm down to two left :mug:

The only thing I can say is a little more carb and maybe a little light on the mouthfeel but I'm no expert

Good job

SuperiorBrew said:
Popped the tops on a couple sessions yesterday. Nice pop to them, smelled great, little to no head but were close to fully carbed. Great looking, nice and clear.

Tasted great, May have had a slight extract twang, was it an extract brew?

Writing this made me want another so now I'm down to two left :mug:

The only thing I can say is a little more carb and maybe a little light on the mouthfeel but I'm no expert

Good job

It was an all-grain recipe, the small head is definitely due to the low carb. You can find the recipe on my recipe list to see what goes into it. It's a great beer for the hop shortage, since it uses only ~0.5oz of hops per 3 gallons and sports a healthy 24 IBUs.

Back