March pump Wiring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave258

Reaction score
Planning on starting the build of my "brew cart." Ordering march pump today. I want to wire it to a switch, and then plug switch into GFI.
Should I buy the reqular march pump, and cut the cord, then use that to wire to switch, or should I buy the march pump that just has the wires? What would I use for a plug? Cut an extension cord?
Thanks!

Lots of people wire an extension cord to a switch and put the pump and wires in some type of enclosure. Here is what I'm going to do with mine.
Pump_Enclosure.jpg

Credit for the design goes to lanvp from this thread. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/pump-enclosure-control-box-153031/

My pump should be delivering today. I plan on simply wiring it into a plug, like this...
plug.jpg

Then plug this into one of these outlets.
remoteoutlet.jpg

So I will be controlling the pump with a remote control. I already have this for my outdoor lights. But they can be purchased from Amazon for under $20.

The whole set up will run into a GFCI outlet.

Remote control!? That's awesome. Link to that?

To the OP, no point in paying extra just to cut the extra cost off. Go to lowes and buy a plug like pictured above. Wire the black wire into a switch. Black wire goes in from pump cord, black wire goes out to plug.

Wow, you have the entire pump in a box. What did you do for the cord? is that just an extension cord you cut?

I like the remote idea!

Thanks, IrregularPulse. I thought both pumps were the same price. Have not looked in a while.

I'm bumping this because I went with the remotes and it works extremely well. Captain Bigelow, THANK YOU for the idea.

Back