Mapping beer in the 50 states

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpg

Reaction score
I made a map/visualization of beer places in the 50 states of the US, and considering the topic of HBT I thought some people here might get a kick out of it. Enjoy! :)

Edit: I collected this data a few years ago from beermapping.com, which has a user-generated database, so this doesn't reflect things as they are today.

http://rpgove.com/beermapping/

Note: it might not work so well if you're using an older version of Internet Explorer...

beermapping.jpg

What's the criteria for a "beer place?" We have far more than 12.

What's the criteria for a "beer place?" We have far more than 12.

Ah right, I should have mentioned that. I got the data from beermapping.com. Users can add places under the categories breweries, beer bars, beer stores, homebrew stores, or brewpubs. Since it's all user-generated data, it's definitely not complete.

So we can't see what the places are? It's really neat, but I bet NC has more than 92 bottle shops.

Pretty cool. Even though this is only a few years old, I'm sure it's drastically different today considering how many "beer places" open every day across the US

Back