Man, I love sandwiches.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WayFrae

Homebrew Enthusiast
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, I am here at work. Eating a sandwich. And I had a thought, "Man, I love sandwiches. I could eat a sandwich every day." As I took another bite I thought, "Holy ****, I do eat a sandwich every day. Sometimes multiple sandwiches in a day." I kept pondering this while munching away at my sandwich and had another though, "Is it normal to eat a sandwich every day? How many sandwiches to I eat per year."

So, being the nerd I am, I decided to run some numbers. I eat a sandwich every day for lunch at work, so that is 5 days per week. (5*52)-19= 241. 19 is the number of vacation and holiday days I take off from work per year.

I also eat sandwiches for breakfast, usually toast, egg, ham, and cheese sandwiches, being conservative I would say maybe once a week. So that is 52 additional sandwiches.

Then for dinner during the week I will often make some kind of sandwich, whether it is pulled pork or french dip or even a hamburger, I eat a sandwich about 3 times per week for dinner. Some of these dinner sandwiches I eat 2 or even 3 of them sometimes, especially if it is a toast and tomato sandwich. So if I have 2 sandwiches half the time for dinner that puts it at 3*1.5*52=234.

So, 241+52+234=527. A conservative estimate for the amount of sandwiches I eat in a year is 527 damn sandwiches! Do you guys share the same love of the sandwich as I do?

TL;DR- I eat 527 sandwiches per year. Do you love sandwiches too?

If I change that amount of sandwiches to beers, then we can speak about me! Do you love BEER too?
I do LOVE beer. Beer and sandwiches go hand in hand!

Do you smoke weed at work? That would explain the Jack Handy-like deep thoughts regarding sand'iches.

No, I don't. I used to smoke weed all the time but haven't in a while. And while enjoying my sandwich I did go into a weed-like train of thought for some reason. I don't know why but I all of a sudden wanted to know how many sandwiches I ate in a year.

It has been a REAAALLLYYY slow day at work.

I too love a good sandwich. Had a homemade sloppy Joe on toasted wheat for dinner tonight.

Groundmeat
BBQ sauce
Ketchup
Diced tomatoes
Diced onion
Smashed garlic
Diced pickled jalapeños

Mix, heat and eat.

Sour dough bread is good. Shrimp po-boys with pickles are great. Roast beef po-boys with ladles of warm brown gravy are super great! Dress with mayo, lettuce and tomato.

What about using tortillas instead of sliced bread or other loaf bread? We've taken to wrapping lots of stuff in warm flour tortillas.

I too love a good sandwich. Had a homemade sloppy Joe on toasted wheat for dinner tonight.

Groundmeat
BBQ sauce
Ketchup
Diced tomatoes
Diced onion
Smashed garlic
Diced pickled jalapeños

Mix, heat and eat.

Sour dough bread is good. Shrimp po-boys with pickles are great. Roast beef po-boys with ladles of warm brown gravy are super great! Dress with mayo, lettuce and tomato.

MMmmm now you are talkin' my language!

What about using tortillas instead of sliced bread or other loaf bread? We've taken to wrapping lots of stuff in warm flour tortillas.

I consider that a sandwich. It is still a kind of bread around meat and cheese and/or other deliciousness.

One of my favorite dinner sandwiches is a meatloaf sandwich:
Toast a hamburger bun and spread some mashed potatoes on either side with a thick slice of meatloaf in between and drizzle with brown gravy. Yum!

My FAV has to be grilled cheese....

Sourdough bread, lightly buttered.

SHARP Cheddar

Grey Poupon

Sear, smear, melt, eat.

I eat approx. 500 sandwiches a year. At least 10 a week 50 weeks a year. So probably closer to 600 when you figure in burgers and the like. I guess I really love sandwiches too.

I bet granny Klub's sandwiches have something pickled or salted on them.

nah, we're talking about maternal, not paternal. you'll have to deal with a very light brushing of Miracle Whip Lite, bologna, and the hardest part of iceberg lettuce on the driest & cheapest white bread ever made. if my Granny made you a sandwich, you'll want to marry a 93 y/o.

So, I am here at work. Eating a sandwich. And I had a thought, "Man, I love sandwiches. I could eat a sandwich every day." As I took another bite I thought, "Holy ****, I do eat a sandwich every day. Sometimes multiple sandwiches in a day." I kept pondering this while munching away at my sandwich and had another though, "Is it normal to eat a sandwich every day? How many sandwiches to I eat per year."

So, being the nerd I am, I decided to run some numbers. I eat a sandwich every day for lunch at work, so that is 5 days per week. (5*52)-19= 241. 19 is the number of vacation and holiday days I take off from work per year.

I also eat sandwiches for breakfast, usually toast, egg, ham, and cheese sandwiches, being conservative I would say maybe once a week. So that is 52 additional sandwiches.

Then for dinner during the week I will often make some kind of sandwich, whether it is pulled pork or french dip or even a hamburger, I eat a sandwich about 3 times per week for dinner. Some of these dinner sandwiches I eat 2 or even 3 of them sometimes, especially if it is a toast and tomato sandwich. So if I have 2 sandwiches half the time for dinner that puts it at 3*1.5*52=234.

So, 241+52+234=527. A conservative estimate for the amount of sandwiches I eat in a year is 527 damn sandwiches! Do you guys share the same love of the sandwich as I do?

TL;DR- I eat 527 sandwiches per year. Do you love sandwiches too?

Is it just me or did anyone else read this and skip over the punctuation. To me it sounded like a very excited potentially hyperventalated maybe 8 year old was explaining his love of sammiches. Somehow this kid is also moderately gifted or at least somehow learned Algebra.

On topic though, I do love me a good sammich. Now to make your math more difficult. Do you consider wraps to be sandwiches or since it is not real bread are they alternative lunchmeat delivery devices? What about sammiches built on baguettes?

I finished lunch an hour ago and now I am craving a Hoagie or maybe even the Spaghetti and garlic bread sammich which I am also guilty of making and enjoying.

I have some soprasetta and pepperoni in the fridge just BEGGING to be in a hot.......um.......soprasetta and pepperoni and cheese! (like ham and cheese only better)

I like sandwiches. Good on ya. I have no negative feelings towards a man who loves sandwiches.

Now if you loved evil, we wouldnt even be talking.

I like sammiches, My 11 year old just said yesterday how much he likes sammiches. One thing I have learned about sammiches is they are always better if they are made by someone else.

Haha if there was such a thing as an evil sandwich I might love it!

You mean, like the Broodwich?

TheBroodwich.PNG

This is a sandwich that is forged in darkness from wheat harvested in Hell's half-acre, baked by Beelzebub, slathered with mayonnaise from the evil eggs of a powerful dark chicken, beaten into sauce by the hands of a one-eyed madman, with cheese boiled from the rancid teat of a three-headed fanged cow and layered with 666 separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood." It also has lettuce and Dijon mustard.
If you are going to complain about the lack of bacon, I must apologize as there are no swine evil enough to be sacrificed upon a bed of evil and lettuce.

You mean, like the Broodwich?

TheBroodwich.PNG

This is a sandwich that is forged in darkness from wheat harvested in Hell's half-acre, baked by Beelzebub, slathered with mayonnaise from the evil eggs of a powerful dark chicken, beaten into sauce by the hands of a one-eyed madman, with cheese boiled from the rancid teat of a three-headed fanged cow and layered with 666 separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood." It also has lettuce and Dijon mustard.
If you are going to complain about the lack of bacon, I must apologize as there are no swine evil enough to be sacrificed upon a bed of evil and lettuce.

Hahaha just like broodwich! I need to start watching Aqua Teen again haha.

I love sandwiches as well. I can't say I eat as many as you, but I have my fair share.

Being from Southern Cali and raised around lots of Mexican food, my bigger love is burritos. Sort of like a sandwich. They are just so easy to make and easier to eat. And delicious.

I love sandwiches as well. I can't say I eat as many as you, but I have my fair share.

Being from Southern Cali and raised around lots of Mexican food, my bigger love is burritos. Sort of like a sandwich. They are just so easy to make and easier to eat. And delicious.

WAIT......a burrito is a sandwich? What about a taco???

In that case, I eat the F*KK out of some sandwiches!!!

I love grilled chicken and beans and avacado and cheese and sour cream all in the....um....sandwich, and some hot as F*KK hot sauce over the top.

YUM.

The design of the sandwich is a human invention that goes way back beyond recorded history. The basic grain-based food enveloping fats and protein with greens thrown in or not pretty much describes all of the best foods from 5000BC to now.

I personally am very fond of a good proper Ruben.

EDIT: I have to add....
My son recently discovered the joys of sandwiches. He is 5 years old. I now find myself making regular trips to the deli for good cold cuts of meats as a result of it. His favorite for the last week has been deli cut bologna with red and yellow dip and a slice of yellow cheese. That would be mustard, ketchup, and Colby cheese for the rest of us. lol At least he is off his hotdog kick.

Man, I was promised a Ruben this weekend at the 'irish' bar down the street. Great Rubens, some of the best I have had are from there. Never made it there though. I may have to make a special trip for a pint of the black stuff and a Ruben.

Reubens are easy!

Especially if you have leftover corned beef.

Good thick rye bread
Corned beef, (thin or chunky...I actually prefer chunks of recently made corned beef)
Good sharp swiss
Sour kraut (or, if you boiled cabbage and onions and carrots with your corned beef, use that)

Russian dressing (I actually can do without this, I sometimes sub in horseradish mayo)

My best sandwich is simple:

Pimento cheese (not that "spread" crap, good pimento cheese!)
bacon
tomato
sourdough bread

Panini grilled

I just came a little

Man, keeping with this page 4, I also love a Ruben !....

Also, some of the easiest sandwiches that I love are BLT's loaded with bacon, and fresh garden tomatoes......

Another I kill for is the simple sausage & egg on toast.......Simple and filling.......

Man, keeping with this page 4, I also love a Ruben !....

Also, some of the easiest sandwiches that I love are BLT's loaded with bacon, and fresh garden tomatoes......

Another I kill for is the simple sausage & egg on toast.......Simple and filling.......

Oooooh! Breakfast Sammich!!!!!

Ham, egg, cheddar on an english Muffin!

Here's a good sauce for any sammich. My wife just found this in a magazine. Sriracha sauce- melt a cup of butter on low heat. In a blender combine 1 cup of sriracha, Juice of 1 lime, 1 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of sugar. Blend and slowly add butter. It will keep for a month in fridge.

Here's a good sauce for any sammich. My wife just found this in a magazine. Sriracha sauce- melt a cup of butter on low heat. In a blender combine 1 cup of sriracha, Juice of 1 lime, 1 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of sugar. Blend and slowly add butter. It will keep for a month in fridge.

I am going to have to try that. I love plain sriracha on a sandwich.

Bencos Red-Sriracha sauce. I put the Sh*t on everything.

My kids call it "Chicken sauce"! They love it too.

The design of the sandwich is a human invention that goes way back beyond recorded history. The basic grain-based food enveloping fats and protein with greens thrown in or not pretty much describes all of the best foods from 5000BC to now.

I personally am very fond of a good proper Ruben.

EDIT: I have to add....
My son recently discovered the joys of sandwiches. He is 5 years old. I now find myself making regular trips to the deli for good cold cuts of meats as a result of it. His favorite for the last week has been deli cut bologna with red and yellow dip and a slice of yellow cheese. That would be mustard, ketchup, and Colby cheese for the rest of us. lol At least he is off his hotdog kick.

I am convinced that the sandwich (burrito, taco, etc.) is utilitarian first, and just happens to taste AWESOME.

Camping with some good friends, we made deer stew that was a pretty traditional brown stew with carrots, potatos, etc.

Plates and silverware would have been bulky and/or made a bunch of trash.

Big tortillas were the perfect plate and bread.

Latest posts

Back