making hooch(jail wine?) please help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My LHBS now no longer leaves the corn and rye out in the open, and doesn't advertise it either. You have to ask for it. And if you try to buy more than a pound or so, and they don't know you, they'll refuse you service. Same goes for the big carboys.

Apparently it's that much of a problem.

For real though.

This thread needs to close. We are clearly dealing with either a serious alcoholic that needs help or a child that shouldn't be communicating with us in the first place. There isn't any other rational option to explain this post.

This post has nothing to do with fine home brewing. It doesn't even scratch the surface of beginner home brewing. We have someone begging for information on sugar-alcohol conversion rates while fully admitting they can't afford cheap swill, even at Canadian prices. This tells me this person is either a serious alcoholic that can't keep a low paying job, or a child. Either way, we are obligated to kill this post and stop replying. What serious home brewer is trying to find details on fermenting pure sugar water and yeast?

there is nothing cheap in bc liquor stores. this way im doing it saves me money. i dont know what u are saying, u probably dont live in BC canada, no liquor here is cheap. ive been through the stores its all expensive

This thread needs to close. We are clearly dealing with either a serious alcoholic that needs help or a child that shouldn't be communicating with us in the first place. There isn't any other rational option to explain this post.

This post has nothing to do with fine home brewing. It doesn't even scratch the surface of beginner home brewing. We have someone begging for information on sugar-alcohol conversion rates while fully admitting they can't afford cheap swill, even at Canadian prices. This tells me this person is either a serious alcoholic that can't keep a low paying job, or a child. Either way, we are obligated to kill this post and stop replying. What serious home brewer is trying to find details on fermenting pure sugar water and yeast?

bro im just learning, lol give me a break. ill go into the more serious homebrewing stuff when i get this done first. i just trying to learn how to ferment something simple, i cant just jump into the big boy stuff until i get the basics mastered first.

I've actually been in the LHBS and the only base grain they had was 6 row "Distillers Malt"...

OP: are you such a low-functioning alcoholic that you can't afford Cisco wine, Thunderbird, MD 20/20, Night Train, Wild Irish Rose, etc.?

2nd question: do you live a) in a cardboard box, b) with your parents, or c) under the freeway?

Way, way off topic..
I think we should stop posting to this thread.. It seams to have ended a while
back, and is now just useless bantering.

bro im just learning, lol give me a break. ill go into the more serious homebrewing stuff when i get this done first. i just trying to learn how to ferment something simple, i cant just jump into the big boy stuff until i get the basics mastered first.

If you're serious, apple juice, sugar, yeast and control the temperature.

OP: are you such a low-functioning alcoholic that you can't afford Cisco wine, Thunderbird, MD 20/20, Night Train, Wild Irish Rose, etc.?

2nd question: do you live a) in a cardboard box, b) with your parents, or c) under the freeway?

everything u mentioned they dont sell in bc liquor stores, u live in america so u have that privilege, but here everything in the liquor is expensive and u gonna be taking cash out your wallet.

You know what, I don't think he's underage, nor an alcoholic. I think he's a troll.

No one in their right mind would still be on this thread pushing this idea. Anyone who wasn't deliberately trying to get a rise out of people would have already FO'ed.

I made ten gallons of all grain beer my first shot out of the gate. That will teach you more about brewing than sugar water and yeast will.

I am being serious bro, and thanks for helping me. and again i apologize to anyone who was offended by me saying "mind your damn business if u aint gonna answer my questions". i didnt mean no harm by that, but i apologize. from the heart

Get a jug of juice - apple, orange, grape - whatever. Dump some bread yeast in and shake it up. Put a balloon over the top. Give it a week or two.

Then pour it down the drain, cause it's gonna be disgusting.

Real brewing / wine making is about having a very careful and very precise process. It is about controlling an environment with quality ingredients and the focus being excellent product. I have invested thousands of dollars and hundreds and hundreds of hours over the last 2 years learning to make beer. That's not counting hours and hours of research and reading about brewing.

No one here is that interested in telling you how to make dog**** hooch - we have too much invested into a legitimate hobby.

Ask anyone here why they started brewing - to get Effed Up is not going to be a common answer.

You know what, I don't think he's underage, nor an alcoholic. I think he's a troll.

No one in their right mind would still be on this thread pushing this idea. Anyone who wasn't deliberately trying to get a rise out of people would have already FO'ed.

no im dead serious, i simply looked up how to make wine and i saw a video on hooch now im coming here to learn. i apologize to u for what i said though, but u shouldnt have assumed im an alcoholic. im only learning or trying to

Get a jug of juice - apple, orange, grape - whatever. Dump some bread yeast in and shake it up. Put a balloon over the top. Give it a week or two.

Real brewing / wine making is about having a very careful and very precise process. It is about controlling an environment with quality ingredients and the focus being excellent product. I have invested thousands of dollars and hundreds and hundreds of hours over the last 2 years learning to make beer. That's not counting hours and hours of research and reading about brewing.

No one here is that interested in telling you how to make dog**** hooch - we have too much invested into a legitimate hobby.

Ask anyone here why they started brewing - to get Effed Up is not going to be a common answer.

lmao, im not trying to get effed up, im really trying to learn how the process works, this is more of a beginner stage for me..... and people in the comments have already helped me out a lot so i appreciate them for that. but again im not doing this to get effed up, i only drink to relax, ive never been drunk and never plan to. from the heart. all respect to everyone on here

i doubt it would be anymore disgusting than vodka or rum though, and i drink those by itself. its pretty disgusting already

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_rules_regulations

Sorry, we do have a policy of not allowing discussions of hooch to continue. Please refer to Rule 16 at the above link. Our forum, and our hobby, is not based on making the cheapest drink that will get you plastered. It's about making really good beer that rivals the best you can buy. And then getting plastered with it.

OK, just kidding about that last part. But really, we're all about the flavor here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back