Making a "leftovers" batch...help.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripleC223

Reaction score
Proud to say that I have been brewing long enough to have accumulated a smorgasbord of extracts, hops and grains. I'm looking to clean out some of my stock but am not sure what I should make. Can anyone offer up some suggestions for a makeshift extract recipe?

Due to the limited DME I have on hand (3 lbs), this will likely be a 3-gallon batch. I'm not averse to using pantry adjuncts like table sugar or honey.

Fermentables
Pilsen DME (3 lbs)
Table sugar
Honey

Grains
Caramel 20L/CaraPils mix (10 oz)
Caramel 10L (2 oz)
Golden Naked Oats (6 oz)
CaraPils (4 oz)

Hops
Azacca (2 oz)
Calypso (2 oz)
Cascade (1 oz)
Centennial (2 oz)
El Dorado (6 oz)
Jarrylo (2 oz)
Nugget (2 oz)
Warrior (1.8 oz)
Willamette (2 oz)

Yeast
US-05 (rinsed)

My lack of creativity says to make a blonde, pale or IPA. I'm up for any other suggestions.

Throw all of the fermentables and grain in the pot and see what happens. You definitely have enough hops to make a good/great PA/IPA. I wouldn't worry too much about style. Just use up what you have and then by some new stuff for the next brew day. :rockin:

Use the DME and honey, a small amount of the crystal 20 and a bit of oats. Warrior for bittering but not too much and the el dorado at 15 min and a light dry hop with the el dorado as well. I would ditch the US-05 and use a spicy belgain yeast if anything, but the 05 will work if you want.

Latest posts

Back