Major Belgian score!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kai

Reaction score
As some of you may have heard me rant about, the NSLC (provincial liquor monopoly) has recently delisted most of its best beer; Orval, Westmalle, Chimay red, Affligem, Duvel, probably others I'm forgetting. Unfortunately, the one private beer store in town isn't permitted to pick them up until they're entirely out of the system, so for all intents and purposes they're entirely unavailable for us right now.

Either way, I was chatting with the manager of my local hole-in-the-wall NSLC a couple weeks ago, and today when I wandered in he showed me a little shelf in the corner where he'd tracked down ~12 each of Orval and Duvel. Best of all, they were at clearance prices, under $2ea (in a province where no 6-pack is less than $10. Nothing is cheap).

So I picked up seven of each. Can't afford it, but some things are more important than rent, and Orval is one of them.

Back