Maintaining fermentation temps in Conicals

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewMasta

Reaction score
I'm considering buying a 15 gal. Conical fermenter, but I'm concerned about how one would go about regulating fermentation temps in a fermenter of this type. Do you need to simply put it in an area that is temp controlled or is there some other method or device for this purpose? Any advice is appreciated.

Well there are (expensive) temp controlled conicals and many will fit in a refrigerator. One reason I am not interested in one for myself is because controlling temp requires a fairly expensive series if additions for a fermentor that size and frankly carboys in a temp controlled fridge is easy and very effective. FWIW a conical in and of itself is no better really than a glass or plastic carboy. But if you want to go that route - or rather if I were to - I'd get dimensions and find a refrigerator it freezer into which it could fit and rig it with a controller.

Steve da sleeve

Back