Magnolia Tree flowers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goosehunter75

Reaction score
anyone have experience using Magnolia Tree Flowers in a beer? I’m brewing a wheat beer tomorrow and considering adding magnolia to it. Curious how much to use for a five gallon batch and best way to add to preserve flavor. Thinking I’ll add the flower petals to vodka and add after fermentation is complete?

I wouldn't know, never seen or heard of it before.
But isn't it a little late for Magnolia blossom already? We're almost a month past it here (Baltimore, MD area).

I’m not versed in magnolia flowers but I’ve used lavender and normally make a tea and add it that way.

anyone have experience using Magnolia Tree Flowers in a beer? I’m brewing a wheat beer tomorrow and considering adding magnolia to it. Curious how much to use for a five gallon batch and best way to add to preserve flavor. Thinking I’ll add the flower petals to vodka and add after fermentation is complete?
Did this ever happen? Interested in if it was worth it flavor wise and amounts?

I tried with lavender before but not magnolia flower. Adding flower blossom to the beer after the fermentation, just like what you do as in dry hopping is fine. I would suggest starting with a small amount first, then add more if you find it insufficient. (In my batch, I put too much lavender and it tastes like detergent at the end of the day ......:( )

I tried with lavender before but not magnolia flower. Adding flower blossom to the beer after the fermentation, just like what you do as in dry hopping is fine. I would suggest starting with a small amount first, then add more if you find it insufficient. (In my batch, I put too much lavender and it tastes like detergent at the end of the day ......:( )
Thx.

Back