Magnetic Brewery/Brewing stickers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mongoose33

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a ton of stickers from breweries, brew equipment manufacturers, and so on. I'd love to decorate my keezer and ferm chamber with them, but as my wife noted, once they're on there, they may not come off easily after being on there for extended periods.

Yesterday it dawned on me: magnetic sheets that are adhesive on one side. I searched online, ended up buying these from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JH7N244/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You peel off the backing on one side, position the sticker, and carefully trim with scissors around the edges. Voila! Magnetic and removable stickers!

I just put them on there without removing the backing from the stickers, which would allow me at a later date to just use the stickers--though at this point I'm not sure why I'd do that.

Does it work? You be the judge:

stickers1.jpg
stickers2.jpg

A few more things about this.

In a couple cases where the backing was coming off the sticker fairly readily, I removed the backing and applied the sticker directly to the sticky back of the magnet sheet. I wasn't as careful with one or two as I should have been, got bubbles under the sticker. I was able to work them out, mostly, poked a couple bubbles w/ a pointy knife and got the air out that way.

I also found that with the irregularly-edged stickers it's hard to cut with scissors; impossible, actually. I have an Exacto knife set, and found that if I back the magnet sheet (with sticker on) with a piece of wood, I can use that Exacto knife to trace out those curves. The Assassin sticker below is an example of that, so is the Homebrewtalk sticker.

I still have a bunch of others to do, including some square and round coasters from various brewing companies. They're going to be backed with the magnet sheet so I can display them as well.

A more updated pic:

stickers3.jpg

That's awesome! Great idea. I just bought some! What I also love is that you can move prized stickers if and when you get a new keezer/kegerator. I have an old kegerator that I don't use anymore that has some brewery stickers I can never replace. In addition, I have been hesitant to put any stickers on my new keezer. Not anymore.

Last edited:
Really great idea! I'm finishing up my keezer build and the plan was to put various stickers on it, but I'm going to order some of these magnetic sheets. Since the freezer I'm using is from the 80's (it was free) I won't have to worry about losing out on those stickers when it dies.

Latest posts

Back