Magic Chef Keezer Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackers252

Reaction score
I recently found a Magic Chef 7.2 cuft chest freezer that I plan to turn into a keezer. Has anyone seen a tap tower mounted on one or is everyone mounting their taps through the collar? I would prefer to make a tap tower but I am not sure if there are cooling lines running in the lid of the freezer.

I plan to do the slurry trick this weekend but was hoping someone had some insight if a tap tower can even be done on there.

Nothing connects to the lid but the hinges. Therefore it can't have any lines going through it.

I'm doing a collar but that has more to do with the way that it's being situated in my home.

One thing to keep in mind with a tower is what it will hit when you open the lid to put something in/out. You've probably already thought about that, but I was all ready to buy a tower when I realized it would slam into the wall whenever I wanted to add a keg.

Latest posts

Back