Madison Brewpubs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clayof2day

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm going to Madison this weekend for an interview for graduate school at U of Wisconsin. Anyone have any good suggestions for a brewpub/pub to visit?

Wish me luck!

Matt

They're both great! I would bet you'd be extremely happy with either.

The Great Dane is downtown and might be the better choice since you'll be on campus, great beer and great food.

The Ale Asylum is great too, not a typical brew pub, more like brewery, with a smaller bar and pick your own ingredients deli sandwiches (which are very good).

If you don't want to drive or pay a cab fare out to the Ale Asylum from downtown/campus (it's southeast of the airport) the Dane would be the place. If the Dane has their 7Cs on tap, get it! Same thing about the Oktoppelbock. Be sure to try the Hopalicious at the Ale Asylum, as well as their Nut Brown. Nut Browns aren't my favority style, but I thought theirs is very well done.

Let us know what you think!

I should have also said good luck with the interview. It's a great campus, I got my BS and MS there. What program are you looking into?

I am interviewing with the Cell and Molecular Biology PhD program. My prospective focus group is the Developmental Biology group. Thanks for your encouragement, I'll let you all know how it goes.

Matt

Don't visted the pubs before the interview, and good luck. My brother teaches there, at least this year. Decided to get out of that doormat they call a state and into some real education?:D

Latest posts

Back