American IPA LushJuice IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How bitter did this end up being? You have it at 69 IBU but it doesn't look like you're calculating any from the whirlpool. My software adds a significant amount there and I end up at 127 IBUs. This looks good though, I've been trying to figure out the next couple recipes I want to do and I might queue this one up.

There are no WP hops. When I brewed this Saturday I was going to go with a 60 min then all else in a WP for 20 min but decided to go with the recipe as written.

lol not sure what happened to this reply. The beer tastes about 65-69 IBU It's up to the brewer to change the quantity of hops based on AAU to get what IBU they want as different batches will have more or less. There is no way throwing hops in while chilling for 15min is going to give a bunch of bitterness IMHO

Last edited:
It's been a week and gravity is at 1.016 (71.4% attenuation). Very disappointed in this. First time using S04 that I don't get down to the 1.010 range. I rehydrated and the yeast was nice and frothy when pitched. Not sure what happened here. Fermentation was very active for three days then krausen dropped.
I mashed at 150 so I would have thought the gravity would be close to at least 1.012.
I just added my dry hops. Not sure if I should let it ride or not.
Sample tasted good, not overly sweet.
I wonder if adding a little AMG300L (maybe 1ML) and let it work for two days then cold crash to stop fermentation if that would help and not affect the final product?

Last edited:
It's been a week and gravity is at 1.016 (71.4% attenuation). Very disappointed in this. First time using S04 that I don't get down to the 1.010 range. I rehydrated and the yeast was nice and frothy when pitched. Not sure what happened here. Fermentation was very active for three days then krausen dropped.
I mashed at 150 so I would have thought the gravity would be close to at least 1.012.
I just added my dry hops. Not sure if I should let it ride or not.
Sample tasted good, not overly sweet.
I wonder if adding a little AMG300L (maybe 1ML) and let it work for two days then cold crash to stop fermentation if that would help and not affect the final product?

Not sure if I would play with that anymore as you have added dry hops already. If it tasted good then maybe just let well enough alone? I always pitch 1.5 packs of dry or do a big starter for this big of a beer

Here it is.
Overall I like it. Good flavor and color. Too sweet due to the yeast not finishing. My yeast for some reason under-attenuated as it finished at 1.016. Had this finished at 1.012 or so, it would have been a great beer.

Next brew I will up my OG some to 1.060 and maybe change the yeast. I didn't have any US05 so opted for S04 which I've always had good results with. Maybe Notty next time as I have a couple packs I need to use.

Attachments

• lush juice 090618.JPG
    lush juice 090618.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 92
Back