lp gas tank.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimjart

Reaction score
I Have a 40+ lbs LP tank off of an old Forklift however....
the tank valve is smaller than the standard valve on my 20lbs grill tanks.
is there such a thing as an adaptor to hook up and make it work as if it
has a valve that will work with my 20lbs set up.or another half that can be re plumbed into my brewing system. I have to change that part though.
trying to stay uniform but make less trips to the filling station.
sorry no pics right now. not having luck with the local's at the LP place.

Thanks for all your help in advance....
Cheers.

if you get them filled at a gas Place than you will have a full one.
but if you just stop at the grocery store or gas station and exchange them out.
you will get screwed every time.
our local frainger gas Co. has very large 100lbs tanks that are for out side grills
i wish i had the extra cash for one.

I'd like to know the same thing, these 20lb tanks that are really 16lb are a PITA.

they are 20#, take it to a place like UHaul to refill it. you will get the full 20# and pay less than the $20 that Americas or BlueRhino charge.

My last UHaul stop was to fill 1 tank and top off the other, total of 32# for $22

The forklift tank has a liquid feed valve that is made so it can not be connected to the vapor only type systems so people can not blow themselves up. You will have to find someone to replace the liquid feed valve with the current vapor type OPD valve so you can use the tank.

The forklift tank has a liquid feed valve that is made so it can not be connected to the vapor only type systems so people can not blow themselves up. You will have to find someone to replace the liquid feed valve with the current vapor type OPD valve so you can use the tank.

I've opted to trade it in for a Vapor style tank rather than rip apart.
it's bigger than a 20lbs tank. and that was what We were after.
Thanks.
:mug:

I'd like to know the same thing, these 20lb tanks that are really 16lb are a PITA.

Are you referring to the fact that Americas and Blue Rhino only fill their tanks to 16#?

You can peel the label off, take it to a U-Haul, and they will fill it to 20#

Back