Low pressure everyday.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkharris200634

Reaction score
Ok so about a 2 weeks ago I hooked up my first keg system and kegerator. Forced carbonated at 30psi for 2 mins while gently rolling the keg on its side. Then I set the serving pressure at 10psi. It worked fine for several days. Then I noticed the foam was a bit much so I turned down the serving pressure to 7psi. Came home the next day and the CO2 tank was empty. So obviously I had a leak somewhere. I refilled the CO2 and hooked everything back up, set the serving pressure back to 10psi and checked for leaks. Didn't find any but, everyday when I come home from work the serving pressure has dropped to 0 and I have to readjust the serving pressure back to 10. Any ideas what this might be or why it's happening? It's my first keg system and everything is a learning process so anything would help. Thanks again guys!

Did you check for leaks around your fittings with a soap solution? If your keg was used did you replace over rings and seals? I use a keg lube on my lid seal and the ball lock seals.

I had a slow leak on a regulator in the brass block where the threaded fitting screwed in and had cracked.

I would suggest using a spray bottle filled with starsan solution, spray the whole system one part at a time.... Look for the bubbles.

I had a crack in the brass pipe that connects the regulator to the tank, the crack was on the face of the pipe, even with a new nylon seal in place it still would fizzle out over a week or two.

Latest posts

Back