Low On Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckrox8

Reaction score
Unfortunately my bottle supply is running low and I'm bottling tomorrow. Besides beer bottles what else can you bottle in?

loopmd said:
Growlers are great. I've also heard of people using pet pop bottles in a pinch.

I've been warned off growlers, since they allow oxygen to get to the beer. Having said that, I used the plastic double-capped growlers for up to 1.5 months with no problems, so it's a risk you run, I guess.

Anyway, if you go to a bar or redemption center for bottles, they'll most likely have some bottles you can have if you give them the deposit money. Just wash them out well and you'll be fine.

Champagne bottles work well too. They have a lip on them that will take a cap and you know they'll hold pressure. Otherwise...like 2nd Street said...hit the stores and start drinking....call the neighbors too if you need to.

I told all my friends about my brew a couple weeks ago but forgot to tell them that they needed to be drinking the good stuff and not any twist off brews. Damn

Back