low gravity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tel72

Reaction score
ok my first batch is on day18 in primary obviously i failed to mix wort good enough or made some other mistakes i did not check the gravity to start with so i dont have a starting point to compare but on day 14 it was 1010 and today the same its suppossed to be 1040 it taste good and is clear just low og can i raise it i did a search and came back with confussing answers thanks for all sugestions by the way it was a muntons pilsner

ok my first batch is on day18 in primary obviously i failed to mix wort good enough or made some other mistakes i did not check the gravity to start with so i dont have a starting point to compare but on day 14 it was 1010 and today the same its suppossed to be 1040 it taste good and is clear just low og can i raise it i did a search and came back with confussing answers thanks for all sugestions by the way it was a muntons pilsner

The finishing gravity (FG) shouldn't be 1.040- that's where it should start. You should have 1.008-1.012 or so when it's done, and you have 1.010. So, it's done!

hey thanks alot that makes me feel alot better yea i have read alot about kit instructions being incomplete or not accurate glad i found this forum

Back