Low flow from Intertap faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skarz

Reaction score
Hello everyone, in my keezer I’ve had two 5g corny kegs stored at 36°F, 10’ of 3/16” ID beer line hose and 12 psi. I was using picnic faucets to serve and was getting good flow, nice head, etc. Now today I replaced the picnic faucet with a Intertap stainless faucet and am getting next to no flow. I did vent the corny because I was having a hell of a time getting the serving line ball lock off and thought it was pressure related. So is my lack of flow due potentially to error in installation or because I vented the pressure to the corny keg?

Well, sure, if there's little to no residual head space pressure left in the keg, it's gonna take a long time to pour a full glass.
Normally, one would simply attach their gas supply line to the keg, pressurize back up to that 12 psi, and after a couple of seconds be back to the original state prior to swapping faucets.

Assuming there's more to this than the obvious...is this a Flow Control faucet, perhaps?

Cheers!

Back