Low Alcohol Summer "cooler"?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukebuz

Reaction score
I was looking for a yummy, low alcohol (like 6.0% or less) summertime cooler, that I may or may not carbonate. Any store-bought juice reccomendations? Frozen, condensed or otherwise?

I found a flavor I like, but it's 1.055 SG, and that'll put it in the 8.0 range. Not keen on watering it down...

Skeeter pee! You determine the ABV by how much sugar you add initially. I can't wait to get a few kegs of this on tap this summer.

I also just made a cider around 6% and back sweetened with 5 cans AJC, 2 cans apple raspberry. It was super sweet before carbonation, but at 8psi it is awesome. Adjust the sweetness to your liking. Very refreshing.

I agree with both replies, The Mist kits are probably exactly what you are looking for, and happen to be the only kit wine that I've tasted and not been overwhelmed by the nauseating kit taste.
Skeeter Pee is another good choice, I prefer the Berry versions, dragon blood and so on, everyone loved it when I made it, that I would have to make 10 gallon batches every few months.

Back