Lots of carb in the root beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dstreetbrew

Reaction score
So I made another batch of root beer, let it sit for 3 days and today when I opend one up to try it out and it all shot up on me way to over carbed. So I threw it in our walk in fridge (I'm making it for my resturant) so it won't blow up from over carving. My question is will putting it in the fridge for a few day calm the coronation or will it still shoot out again when I open it up. Well I just wind up needing to make a new batch.

It might be calmer once it's cold.

What is a good thing to do is to bottle in a few plastic bottles. When the bottles are nice and hard, refrigerate the whole batch. Three days may or may not be too long at room temperature, depending on the temperature and the amount of yeast.

I do fill a plastic bottle with the root beer. When I felt it it felt as it as ready to go in the frige but I opens one up to have it shoot all over the place. I used 1- 3/4 tbs per gallon of root beer and made a 4 gallon batch. It was just of that it carbd up so quick seeing how I used to put in a whole packet of yeast and have never had that problem

I do fill a plastic bottle with the root beer. When I felt it it felt as it as ready to go in the frige but I opens one up to have it shoot all over the place. I used 1- 3/4 tbs per gallon of root beer and made a 4 gallon batch. It was just of that it carbd up so quick seeing how I used to put in a whole packet of yeast and have never had that problem

I use one teaspoon of champagne yeast for 5 gallons!

Back