lost my equipment for few months

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terrenum

Reaction score
I live in a semi-detached home in Montreal and last Wednesday a violent fire destroyed the attached building and severely damaged our house. 90 firefighters battled for 4 hours to contain the flames and save our house. They did an amazing job but not without damages. Poked holes in the walls, open the ceilings and of course hundreds of gallons of water travelled thru the house and finished in the basement on my homebrewing kit. Was just about to take everything outside and undertake the new season with spring around the corner. Now my equipment smells awwful and ha to go to decontamination so I won't see it for few Monrhs nor will have the space to brew in the apartment they'll send us to while they are renovating the house.... Might have to brew with extract for a while.....

Sorry to hear about your home. I don't ever knock my extract batches. They can still be great beers. Hope all work's out for you.

Damn, I'm very sorry to hear that. All the best to you and yours. If I lived closer I'd let you use my equipment!

Thank you guys. I do have few friends around that also brew beer. I might use their equipment, I might even ask my insurance company to clean and take care of sorting out what I can keep vs. Loss so I can take my equipment to our temporary place.... If there's a yard or terrace. I had a wonderful APA with centennial and Amarillo that I had just bottled....I had just opened the first one and it was delicious even if a bit green still....anyway I'll brew it again.

deepcdan99 said:
Sorry to hear about your home. I don't ever knock my extract batches. They can still be great beers. Hope all work's out for you.

Sure. Partial with extract could be awesome, not just as much fun to brew!

I live in a semi-detached home in Montreal and last Wednesday a violent fire destroyed the attached building and severely damaged our house. 90 firefighters battled for 4 hours to contain the flames and save our house. They did an amazing job but not without damages. Poked holes in the walls, open the ceilings and of course hundreds of gallons of water travelled thru the house and finished in the basement on my homebrewing kit. Was just about to take everything outside and undertake the new season with spring around the corner. Now my equipment smells awwful and ha to go to decontamination so I won't see it for few Monrhs nor will have the space to brew in the apartment they'll send us to while they are renovating the house.... Might have to brew with extract for a while.....

Sorry to hear that, I brew in my apartment and although it is not huge I make the best of it. If you want to get together for a brew day sometime in the near future I would be happy to have you over. PM me if you end up being interested.

Sorry to hear that, I brew in my apartment and although it is not huge I make the best of it. If you want to get together for a brew day sometime in the near future I would be happy to have you over. PM me if you end up being interested.

Thanks. That's very nice;
I guess I should be fine to recover my stainless steel pot so I could do partial soon. just my all grain setup is a mess and will take some time to be up and running...
cheers!

Back