Losing CO2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcarb

Reaction score
So my tank was empty and my beer was kind of flat. No big deal, I had an extra tank so I hook it up and wait a couple of days. Went to pour a beer and no pressure.

Uh oh. Another tank dusted in two days. This leads me to believe I have a leak, but where? I have two kegs hooked up. Any thoughts on the best approach to finding where it is leaking? Should I just refill my cynlinder and use some soapy water to look for bubbles?

Should I take apart the kegs (full of beer) and replace the seals)?

Advice?

yep, get the soapy water out. Also, to verify that it is/isn't the keg you can hit it with a bunch of CO2 then shut off the gas and wait a couple hours. If you pull the relief after a couple hours and it's got almost no pressure then you can be sure the keg has a leak and not your lines (or I guess they could both have leaks, but you can at least be sure that the keg is leaking as well and fix that first).

you could have posted this on the BARF homebrew thread :)

Thanks Jason. LOL, I thought that thread was dead. How's the new system?

I just posted on it. it's sort of a never ending thread, lots of people subscribed. New system is awesome, took a couple tries to dial in but last two brews have gone awesome.

Back