Lord of the Rings.......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgortel

Reaction score
Lord of the Rings is my choice for side entertainment during my brew days.

I have a TV and DVD player in my garage where I brew and always put in Lord of the Rings to have in the background for the slow times of the brew process (the Mash, the Boil). I especially like the scene where they are about to enter the mines...and Gimli states they will be welcomed with "roaring fires, MALT BEER, and meat.....". :D

It's become a tradition for me.

Curious what any of you do for "background entertainment"? :mug:

Unfortunately, I do nothing. I don't even listen to music, though I don't know why. My background entertainment is drinking beer I suppose.

I like to listen to podcasts of The Brewing Network. Sadly they didn't have an episode this week so it will most likely be Classic Rock or Phish tomorrow with my single decoction all pilsner Saison

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I have been known to bottle a batch while one is on the stovetop. If you ever want to fill up a condo kitchen (apartment style) to the point of epic crowded that's the way to do it. I'll take Pink Floyd's The Wall as my background of choice. Great music and slightly different song versions than the CD/Radio.

I have a pandora station I usually listen to which is a mix of Irish drinking songs and heavy metal (mostly Celtic and Viking type stuff). That and I get good and drunk.

Haha I thought this was going to be another one of those movie spam messages we get every morning. I usually listen to music during the brew day (mostly blues) but sometimes I play movies. I did play The Lord of the Rings during one brew day...the entire trilogy :drunk:

I used to watch Brewing TV while I was brewing but that show isn't the same since the regular guys left.

Hook my phone or tablet up to the speakers in the garage and play some music with Pandora.

I did play The Lord of the Rings during one brew day...the entire trilogy :drunk:

Done this. It wasn't so much a brew day for me though, as it was a consuming home brew day :tank:

I normally brew on my back deck. Having a wife and three kids, peace and quiet just are not a part of a typical day for me. On brew day, I get all my gear and ingredients out on the deck, grab a few beers and my favorite glass, and head outside. No music, no TV, just the roar of the propane burner and the sound of the outdoors. It's like a holiday.

I usually bring my laptop out to the garage and watch whatever happens to be in my Netflix queue.

Usually I'm browsing around here and listening to the local sports radio. Other times I will call/Skype with the fiancé, or call the family. Only occasionally will I throw on Netflix or a movie.

I never brew alone! I usually have at least one friend, or my little sister, and our way to pass the time is "Shooting the Sh*t!" Sometimes we'll put on a movie but most of the time we're talking and cleaning. My place is always the gathering spot so it's easy to find labor. We had a gathering the other night and made a wheat IPA.

I like to listen to podcasts of The Brewing Network.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yep - this^^^ Any of the Brewing Network Podcasts, as well as Basic Brewing Radio and a couple others. Either the current episodes or catch up on back episodes I missed or want to listen to again.

The stereo in my garage for me. I have about half my music collection ripped to my PC (which is also connected to the stereo), so I just que up some tunes and let 'er rip!

What station? It sounds right up my alley.

It's called Alestorm radio, but it has evolved a lot from where it started. Pandora's all about using the thumbs up button. I started off with a station based on Alestorm, which if you don't know is sort of a pirate themed metal band that sings a lot about drinking. So it played occasional Irish drinking tunes and I kept giving them the thumbs up until they were like every other song. Did the same with the Celtic/Viking metal songs that would come on. I also used the add variety function at some point to add some Finntroll into the mix, to get more black/folk metal in the mix, if you're into that.

It's called Alestorm radio, but it has evolved a lot from where it started. Pandora's all about using the thumbs up button. I started off with a station based on Alestorm, which if you don't know is sort of a pirate themed metal band that sings a lot about drinking. So it played occasional Irish drinking tunes and I kept giving them the thumbs up until they were like every other song. Did the same with the Celtic/Viking metal songs that would come on. I also used the add variety function at some point to add some Finntroll into the mix, to get more black/folk metal in the mix, if you're into that.

I love Alestorm. I shoulda known when you said heavy metal and Viking in the same sentence lol. They come up on one of my stations every once in a while and always think to myself that I need to listen to more of them. I haven't heard of Finntroll tho, but I'll check them out.

Back