Looky What I Got! M-37!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedlam

Reaction score
So my birthday was a couple of weeks ago, but my present was delivered today...

m37003.jpg

A 1962 Dodge M-37 3/4 ton ex-military truck! :ban:

Is this not the coolest thing you've ever seen? I'm in love. This thing is like a Jeep on steriods. We've got a little work to do before we do any serious off-roading, but hey, that's part of the fun, too!

Poor El Hubbo, though...we got plates today and I chose the one that benefited the local children's hospital. It has a teddy bear on it. My poor hubby puts up with a lot from me, but it is partly to get him back for his comment "Of COURSE you won't look the least bit lesbo in this..." Smart ass.

m37008.jpg

Very cool, I like it. My dream classic vehicle is an 73-80 International Scout.

Good thing you mentioned 'husband' because when I looked at a picture of that thing I couldn't help but think, 'Isn't Bedlam a chick?"

Nice unit. I wanna party with you and your HWMO! :D

That might be good for Z-day. My advice would be to install an ice cream truck music box then when all the children rush you see how it does. :)

Update--

So we spent some time going through the drivetrain...draining and refilling the gearboxes and whatnot. The stuff we drained out was the color of cafe-au-lait...yech! Took almost the whole 5 gallon bucket of gear lube, too. And we started making our shopping list:

gonna need some new u-joints and the transfer case is leaking pretty badly. Oh, and some transmission bearings. New tires, too, but that's no surprise. Gonna replace the rear wheel cylinders today at some point. Wiring for the lights need a bit of work and eventually gonna need a heater/defroster.

The fun begins!!

m37011.jpg

+1 Would love a Sherman as I suspect that an M-60 or M1 would be $$$ to maintain.

Plus I love WWII stuff... MI Garands, brass knuckles, jump knives

Would love that truck as well...

That is friggin' beautiful! I almost bought a Swiss military Unimog once, but decided against it. It wasn't in great shape.

That's really cool. I've been looking at getting a Unimog. I got a line on some ex-Swiss military '68 gassers for about 10K CAD all with fewer than 30000km on them. I wish I wasn't planning to build house right now...

Latest posts

Back