Looking how to make a apple cider or a apple base beer and suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How to make a good apple beer

• Vote as much as ya can

• More recipes the better on apple cider and apple beer

Results are only viewable after voting.

johnclowe

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new at this and I was looking on anyone that got a good apple cider or a apple beer I can make and I'm wondering if someone has a good recipe I can go by I'm looking forward to any suggestions and hope to hear from everyone soon thanks

Cider is real easy. This Recipe I came across recently, and have it fermenting currently.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f81/newells-groundhog-cider-woodchuck-amber-clone-85887/

It's easiest if you like a dry, still cider. But if you like the woodchuck sweet ciders, you'll have to stop the fermentation with something like potassium sorbate, then back sweeten. I like this recipe because you back sweeten with concentrated apple juice rather than sugar or brown sugar, so that apple taste really shines.

I find carbonating cider in bottles to be annoying, so kegging is really great for force carbonating. (plus it's quicker).

Good luck!

Back