Looking for some input/suggestion/help on some wing recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adeering

Reaction score
So working on developing a few different wing rubs and sauce combos for wings. I like to grill my wings (I know some are die hard fans of frying but I enjoy grilled better) and have found that my favorite wings are the dry rubbed wings that are either then tossed in a sauce or use the sauce as a dip.

Right now I have two good recipes that I like but looking for a few more ideas/suggestions on some other combos to try. Here are my current and some im thinking about:

Caribbean Jerk rub with a mango habanaro sauce
Asian Rub with a Ginger Pineapple Glaze

These are some im trying to think of:

Cajun Rub with ? (cant think of a good southern cajun sauce that would go good with a traditional cajun rub)
Texas Rub (havent developed yet) with a Honey BBQ/Medium BBQ/Spicy BBQ (open to suggestions on all of these sauces havent started developing yet)

Looking for either some recipes/ideas/suggestion are some combos. I love to do weekend cookouts and wings are great with a nice cold beer. So seeing as this community is great with recipes and pairing figured Id ask for some advice. And if interested I might share the two I have developed ;)

I like grilled hot wings too. One of my favorites is a curry powder rub then tossing them in a mixture of hot sauce (like Frank's), olive oil, minced garlic and fresh herbs.

I've posted this before however thought it was appropriate here.
Grill roasted.

30811_1427382919059_182452_n.jpg

I like mine grilled too, but I'm not terribly picky either way...

I don't have any recipes, but I do want to state that I hate it when you get "wings" and they are not wings at all, but legs and drumsticks.

And what's up with the prices?? Wings used to be the least desired portion of the chicken and dirt cheap!

Back in MY DAY grumble grumble mutter....

I'm with you there. I can get whole chickens for less than $1/lb but the wings? last time i looked they were well over $3/lb. WTF!

Yeah the price of wings have been going up lately.

@Melana:I think ive seen your post before, but could you post the recipe, and what kind of sauces would you think go with it. Thanks

I have seen that thread, and that is on the list of rubs to try. Gonna have a lot of wings for awhile :)

Back