Looking for low profile clear fermentation vessel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedrobot

Reaction score
I scored an old energy drink fridge getting thrown out at a convenience store, slapped a temp controller on it, and am using it for a fermentation chamber. Problem is, it is pretty low profile - only about 22 inches in height on the inside. I can get a bottling bucket in there (17" + blowoff tube) but my Better Bottle won't fit with any kind of airlock setup. I'd love to ferment in something I can see through (I'd prefer plastic), but all of the stuff I have found is too tall for my setup. Anybody have any good suggestions?

---
Fermenting: Old St. Hubbins, English Best Bitter

unnamed.jpg

I don't know of a vessel that is see thru and will fit off hand. What I would suggest is some sort of cover for the glass if you do find one. You'll skunk your beer before it ever finishes fermenting!

Maybe it would be good for small batch experiments? 1 to 2 gallons? I know there are smaller better bottles.

I've never used one of THESE myself, but it's the first thing I thought of when you said your Better Bottle wouldn't fit with an airlock on it

Will definitely cover the glass if I can find a clear fermenter that will fit. The setup has been working fine with the buckets, but I find myself wanting to peek a lot because I can't tell what's going on with the fermentation.

I've never used one of THESE myself, but it's the first thing I thought of when you said your Better Bottle wouldn't fit with an airlock on it

Ooooh... that's pretty cool. Anybody tried one of these before?

The link was not working but it looks like you are referencing a waterless bung. I use them on my sours for long term aging but not during fermentation. I know breweries use waterless bungs for there barrels so they must work.

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draf...4&cadevice=t&gclid=CMGAjbCr7s8CFQWLaQodFoMD5A

This would definitely fit but of course is the most expensive option and is glass.

Hey, that's pretty cool. I haven't seen this one before. Price isn't too bad, considering it comes with the nylon carrying straps. I may order one of these to try it out. Thanks for the tip!

Latest posts

Back