Looking for help filling in parts blanks for gas-fired system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worldzfree

Reaction score
In an effort to avoid countless trips to the hardware store I drew out my LP gas diagram for my system and am looking for some help filling in any areas I may have misunderstood. I can only hope that once I have this figured out and I post the final diagram it could help someone else.

Besides the parts I may be missing any recommendations on where I can get them would be helpful.

-Cheers

GasConnectionsv2.png

I just finished installing my gas valves this week.
I used 1/2" black pipe for the gas supply. Mine is very similar to your drawing.

From the gas beam I installed a 3" male riser to a brass ball valve. Then a male coupler (short). Then I installed a female 90. Then a coupler ( short). Then the gas valve.
On the output side of the valve, I bought a 1/2" to 3/8" reducer, with a flared connection. I am going to flare a piece of 3/8" copper tubing to connect between the gas valve and the BG-14 burner.
I am still looking for a control valve (needle valve) for the boiler, so I can vary the flame.
I haven't decided on wires for the gas valves yet. I am looking for some type of steel braided protection to cover the wires from the connector at the control box to the gas valve.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your build.

Here is an updated diagram with the pieces I was able to figure out. I am open to any changes or suggestions. The areas I don't fully understand what to put there are in red. I, too, am interested in the best way to adjust the BK burner flame as that is the only one that I think I will need to adjust when using my system. Thoughts?

(Image removed to keep clutter down. It sucked anyway)

GasConnections3.png

Here's the latest iteration. Many thanks to Kladue for helping me fill in the blanks!

The only things left I am looking for input/ideas on are:

• Balve valves up near the BK. Does anyone have any ideas or pictures on how you do this and where in the diagram it would go?
  • Gas disconnects. I am a little concerned about having some long umbilical cord hanging off. Anyone have any ideas what to do about that? I assume most afix the regulator to the gas beam?

Appreciate any advice.

A lot of the things you're asking about are really just personal preference. I have my needle valve for flame control mounted right at the VR8200 output. The way you have it shown attaching directly to the burner might make it hard to adjust while the burner is firing. I have my regulator attached directly to the QCC nut, just like a BBQ or turkey fryer regulator. I don't have any QD for the gas, the only place I disconnect it is at the tank with the QCC nut. Hope that helps.

oops, i just re-uploaded the one above because i thought i hadn't. disregard this post.

Latest posts

Back