• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for full-grain setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghosteh

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm new to brewing, but would like to start with full-grain; and am looking for everything needed for a 5 or 10 (open to any size) gallon setup. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edit ** Also, wanted to add that I'm located in coastal South Carolina.

Also, I wanted to add that I have some random things. I'm not sure if they would be useful. However, here's a few items that I already have. 7.5gallon stainless steel turkey fryer pot and basket, along with the burner that comes with it. The pot does not have a temperature gauge or faucet on it. Also, have a 5g Igloo water-cooler. There is also a random stainless/aluminum commercial coffee urn (about 5g, essentially a large pot with spigot/long coffee dispenser handle) and the electric base that boils it that my dad acquired years ago. Would this come in handy in any way, shape, or form?

Also, I wanted to add that I have some random things. I'm not sure if they would be useful. However, here's a few items that I already have. 7.5gallon stainless steel turkey fryer pot and basket, along with the burner that comes with it. The pot does not have a temperature gauge or faucet on it. Also, have a 5g Igloo water-cooler. There is also a random stainless/aluminum commercial coffee urn (about 5g, essentially a large pot with spigot/long coffee dispenser handle) and the electric base that boils it that my dad acquired years ago. Would this come in handy in any way, shape, or form?

Your 5g pot/coffee urn could serve as a hot water tun, assuming that your could attach a hose to it to dispense water to your mash tun. Your 7.5 gallon stainless steel turkey fryer pot could serve as your boil kettle, but you would need to drill a hole for a spigot. You would have to make smaller batches, due to the risk of boil-over - I am guessing 4.5 - 5 g tops. You would need to convert your 5g Igloo to a mash tun; it would serve to make ales, but not larger beers that would need a larger grain bill.

I started up with a similar set up and have been happy making pale ales for the past year; I'm moving up in size and selling some equipment; pm me if you're interested.

What are you looking to spend? I have a Kal clone I'm willing to sell if the price is right. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390968771.784608.jpg

Back