looking for critique in Portland area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've looked all ofer facebook and can't find the W.O.R.T. group.

Got a link??

thx.

Rivenin said:
i would be interested in the salem GTG, however... thats a bit too far for me to have a few beers and head back to my place... lol.

and i'm running out tonight to get everything, then running out friday to get an immersion chiller, the years of no chill and doing a small "mini comp" had made me inspired to get a chiller finally :)

the batch should be about $40 or so, hope you guys enjoy!

Sounds awesome! Chillers make a world of difference!

Lookin forward to getting some beer loving groups together and running.

Alright, picked up...
12lb 2 row, 2 pounds of Munich, .5 15l, .5 carapils, 4 oz of crystal hops, 4oz of summit and have about another half pound of c hops going in... hope yall like it hoppy! And it wqs the last pack of 1068.
And hope the immersion chiller makes a difference! No chill was nice, but having to wait for it to cool takes almost a day. And... Friday is my last punch on my brew card and I get a free 6 gallon car boy! You're idea is benefiting me considerably lol

Alright, picked up...
12lb 2 row, 2 pounds of Munich, .5 15l, .5 carapils, 4 oz of crystal hops, 4oz of summit and have about another half pound of c hops going in... hope yall like it hoppy! And it wqs the last pack of 1068.
And hope the immersion chiller makes a difference! No chill was nice, but having to wait for it to cool takes almost a day. And... Friday is my last punch on my brew card and I get a free 6 gallon car boy! You're idea is benefiting me considerably lol

Thought we were using 1968... they are both ESB's so not too worried. At any rate congrats on the 6 gal soon to come! I'm looking forward to this experiment

Thought we were using 1968...

we are... i may have knocked back a few pints last night and possibly thought my 0 key was my 9 key.... :drunk:
hahaha, i did pick up 1968. :mug:

and my friend was supposed to come over and help (he wants to get int o brewing, figured it'd be the perfect timing!) but he didn't realize how long all grain sessions are and his wife has to work that evening, which would lead to no one being able to watch the kids lol. ah well, solo brew days are reflection times, right?:mug:

woot! i'll have a neighbor! haha where in clackamas are you moving to? i'm over by the fred meyers on 82nd drive.

oh, and i'm down for the "style" brewing, we should keep it semi basic though.

eg, porter, under 1.050, under 50 ibus etc or something like that. or we can all pick a style?

I am almost a neighbor, I am about 1.5 blocks up oatfield from the safeway in gladstone!!

I cannot brew yet, for a benefit we had for a friend, who has cancer, I donated a "teach someone to brew" session (grain to glass) and I need to keep my last carboy open until he and I can get it done! In a few months I will be ready to start filling my "cases" of 12oz empties though!

I Will be at Slurp & Burp Saturday! Probably get there about 1ish! Plan on getting lots of raffle tickets!!

KevinW said:
I am almost a neighbor, I am about 1.5 blocks up oatfield from the safeway in gladstone!!

I cannot brew yet, for a benefit we had for a friend, who has cancer, I donated a "teach someone to brew" session (grain to glass) and I need to keep my last carboy open until he and I can get it done! In a few months I will be ready to start filling my "cases" of 12oz empties though!

I Will be at Slurp & Burp Saturday! Probably get there about 1ish! Plan on getting lots of raffle tickets!!

You should come out anyway on April 21st and share in our tasting

fletchsj said:
You should come out anyway on April 21st and share in our tasting

What he said! Come out and have some fun. Should we start getting a tally on bottles? I'll prolly bottle a case off the keg and roll from there

Rivenin said:
What he said! Come out and have some fun. Should we start getting a tally on bottles? I'll prolly bottle a case off the keg and roll from there

I think maybe wait till April to get a tally... Hopefully we'll have more people see this as time passes.

well this is nerve wracking... after putting everything into beer smith, i saw my estimated FG is gonna be arond 1022.. this might be a bit sweet... may need to mash suuuuuper low

/edit

got it down to 1.019

Rivenin said:
well this is nerve wracking... after putting everything into beer smith, i saw my estimated FG is gonna be arond 1022.. this might be a bit sweet... may need to mash suuuuuper low

/edit

got it down to 1.019

Mash at 140 and pitch a gallon yeast starter lol

I did play with that in beer smith... not too far off from what I may have to do... lol

Wort chiller is cleaned, ended up getting a stir plate and a flask, was only 75 for both. Figured what the hell lol so that's up and going right now too. Swoot! Brewin in the am and sipping a total don

brew day is done! immersion chiller i now live by... took 10 mins to pitching temp! and hit just a touch over 1.070... i'm now toasted off of barley wine and need to still do clean up... wish me luck.... hahhaha

Mine is in the keg and conditioning. Needed fermenter space lol

i've got 4 fementers full and getting ready to fill my buddies stainless 10g conical. :) and all my kegs are full as well.. not looking forward to all this bottling coming up :-(

ever read up on the BMBF?

this is what i'll be doing :mug:

That is what I do... the time isn't an issue... it's actually filling 150+ bottles lol not looking forward to it :) it works great and lessens grain to glass time. I think i get a bit better head retention with a natural bottle carb, but there isn't too much trade off. make sure bottles and beer are close to the same temp. and I don't use the stopper anymore. don't really need it.

Hey guys, I'm interested in attending the tasting on April 21st. I live in the Portland area and have been brewing for a little over 6 months. Unfortunately it's probably a little to late to jump on the 1968 bandwagon, but if you'll have me I'll bring a few other beers I've got going now--a American red ale (hopefully) and a double CDA, amongst others.

Let me know!

Hey guys, I'm interested in attending the tasting on April 21st. I live in the Portland area and have been brewing for a little over 6 months. Unfortunately it's probably a little to late to jump on the 1968 bandwagon, but if you'll have me I'll bring a few other beers I've got going now--a American red ale (hopefully) and a double CDA, amongst others.

Let me know!

All are welcome. 3pm muddy rudder. :) should be fun!

Even if you can't do the yeast, still come down and have some fun! I'll prolly bring some extras if I can keep my hands off of them all month Hah

just had another glass off the keg... damn, i wish i didn't have to bottle them! lol. it's gettin a ton better.
do we have any sort of a head count yet?

OK folks.... I need a final tally of who is coming next weekend the 21st at 3pm at the Muddy Rudder in Sellwood. I hope to have a good showing as for this. we'll see...

I will be bringing a my version of the ESB yeast beer. a pale, and a belgian golden strong. and maybe something else I find in my cellar. I hope to see you all out. Invite your friends if they have beer to trade. :)

fletchsj said:
OK folks.... I need a final tally of who is coming next weekend the 21st at 3pm at the Muddy Rudder in Sellwood. I hope to have a good showing as for this. we'll see...

I will be bringing a my version of the ESB yeast beer. a pale, and a belgian golden strong. and maybe something else I find in my cellar. I hope to see you all out. Invite your friends if they have beer to trade. :)

Me! Im bringing the one for the comp. And maybe another if it carbs up good. I dry hopped in the keg ... hopefully it has more hop nose then!

Looks like it may be just you and i. I picked up a few flip tops to be schnazzy lol

I'll be there, but I just saw this thread this evening. I will only have a bottle of meas or two that are barely six months old. Though if this keeps going I'll have a ginger ale beer and an apple beer with mane an IPA by next month

this would be kind of fun to have a monthly GTG and just shoot the **** about beer. SWMBO im' sure would be thankful :mug:

@Rivenin, That is what I hope this turns into. At least maybe a quarterly thing. We'll see what happens. Force carbing today. My beer is tasting not so much like an ESB... kinda strange. I have a couple others I'm bringing as well.

SO, it looks like so far we have:
Rivenin
Lamminis
Dustin
Fletchsj
thisisjohnbrown
KevinW
Vagabondbrew
WetState
+4 or so others I have sent PM's to regarding this that I haven't gotten a response back from.

was hoping for more but so far that's who we have to plan for. Obviously bring whoever you want but I will be bringing a sample bottle for each person that is confirmed. I'll update asap when i get any more confirmed.

-Fletch

I'm in. I wasn't following this thread, and just got a PM from fletchsj, so I feel unprepared (had a beer party at my house recently so most of my supply is gone, and everything else is still green), but I will bring what I can.

It'll be good to talk to some people and share techniques and such.

See you all then!

sounds good!

i have an all centennial pale that i may bring too, although i mashed really low accidentally so it has very close to no body, but it's around 6% abv. i have a few others i can force carb, but most of them still need dry hoppng... hrm...
i have a peach wheat that is up for carbing as well i could start tonight and hope it's carbed up by then! lol

Sounds like lots o'fun, I will be there barring any interference from my SWMBO.

I have a "not so good" APA and a pretty good APA (I will let you guys decide which is which ;), I may be able to scrounge up some of my IPA and Stout.

Looking forward to seeing you all there on Saturday!

I will be up in the area and see if I can drop by. Don't worry about any extra samples for myself. Hopefully I'll at least get to meet and greet with you guys and hang out for a bit.

just threw the peach wheat onto 40psi last night.

so if all goes according to plan, i'll have...
the one with the special yeast, an APA and a peach wheat if it carbs up well in the next day.

oh yea, and i've never been here before, where should we sit? or know how to find each other? lol
SWMBO has a DRs appt at 145, so i maybe a bit late, but i'm only like 10 mins away from the place down hwy 224

I'm going to see if muddy rudder will reserve a table for us. And ill probably be wearing a Ducks jacket. Sounds awesome.

Count me in. I know I said I'd have a CDA and Red Ale to bring for you guys (in lieu of not getting on the ESB yeast train soon enough), but the CDA hasn't been bottled yet and the Red Ale, my first kegging experiment, got drank in less than 2 weeks haha. I'll bring something from the cellar or something else I've brewed recently.

Anyone else planning on going to Cheers to Belgian Beers on Saturday as well?

the Red Ale, my first kegging experiment, got drank in less than 2 weeks haha. I'll bring something from the cellar or something else I've brewed recently.

Anyone else planning on going to Cheers to Belgian Beers on Saturday as well?

Thats the problem with kegging... it goes gone QUICK!

and nope, got the kids this week, no go for me... i'll prolly be enjoying my own Belgian though! haha

had one of the "1968" yeast beers... it's gotten DAMN fruity over the past few days.. that one is interesting!

Back