Looking for blackberry cider!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmac1986

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has a blackberry cider recipe? I've got lots of blackberries growing outside my house which should be ready in the next month which I'm wanting to our the to good use! But not sure where to start! :)

Mmmmm.
IMAG0303_zps2b479b68.jpg

I more or less used this recipe, tweaked it a little though
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f81/ninemilbills-easy-blackberry-cider-321190/

Thanks for the replies!! Juicyjay, when the recipe says about adding the blackberries to secondary fermentation is that just adding them into the same container of the first fermentation! Again I'm a total newbie at this so just want to make sure so I don't mess it up! :)

Also I'm not sure what is meant by rack to tertiary?

"Racking" in cider terminology is the act of siphoning the cider from one carboy / bucket / fermentation vessel into another to let the cider sit and clear by having the yeast drop out of suspension.

"Primary" is the carboy / bucket / fermentation vessel that you start in.

"Secondary" is the second carboy / bucket / fermentation vessel that you rack into.

"Tertiary" is the third carboy / bucket / fermentation vessel that you rack into, and may be considered overkill by some.

Typically you would let the cider sit in each carboy / bucket / fermentation vessel for 2 weeks to a month.

Hope that helps.

Thanks very much!! It make sense now!! The first batch I made had quite a lot of sediment because I hadn't done these processes but this should make the homebrew cider a lot better!! Thanks again!!!!

I didn't do the third, cracked my spigot on that bucket.
I fermented primary with berries, than put fresh berries into the secondary and racked on top of them, let that go for almost 2 months than transferred to bottling bucket and bottled. I have a floater or two in a couple bottles from the berries, but no big deal

JuiceyJay-- Did you use fresh berries or frozen on this? My next batch will probably include some blackberries, so I'm taking notes.

Latest posts

Back