Looking for a yeast similar to hill farmstead yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YOpassDAmike

Reaction score
I love hill farmstead beers. Their saison Anna is one of my favorite beers. In the past I collected the dregs from multiple bottles of Anna and added them to a saison I brewed. With time and age, my homebrew saison developed similar characteristics to Anna, not nearly as good but some similarities. Unfortunately, when I saved the yeast cake I didn't use it soon enough, trying to use the yeast again I created a yeast starter that was a butterscotch bomb, diacetly like none other so I dumped it. I know hill farmstead uses local yeast and water so their house yeast strain isn't sold on the market. I have been looking at saison yeasts on the market with similarities to hill farmstead yeast which I think has some barn funk, little sourness but pretty clean overall, not really any Belgian yeast taste characteristics or peppery flavor. I have been looking at yeast bay yeasts, they have numerous saison yeasts. Yeast bay has wallonian saison yeast, saison blend yeast, saison blend II yeast, farmhous sour ale yeast and saison brett yeast. Has anyone used any of these yeasts I listed, if so can you give me a little review on the yeast you jave tried. Does anyone know any other saison yeasts by other manufacturers that is similar to hill farmstead yeast? Thanks.

Why did you copy, paste, and repost when you were getting responses on your last post?

Back