Looking for a rectangular fermentor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendog15

Reaction score
Looking for a 5 gal (ish) fermentor that can sit on the hump of my chest freezer (while it holds my other 2 carboys) which I use as a fermentation chamber. The dimensions are 5"x7" and about 15" tall.
I'm assuming a plastic bpa container will do the trick. Anything you can recommend??

How long are you keeping your beer in the chamber?

Perhaps you can rotate out of the chamber sooner. As I understand it, with ales ferm temps are critical early on, then after a period, say 7-10 days not so critical at all.

Just a thought, some leave the beer in the chamber for much longer than really needed I believe.

As I understand it, not long after the kreusen drops the party is over, with "just some sweeping up left".

Edit...sorry this isn't much help if you are looking to lager.

Don't care about the size of the fermentor. 2 gal, 3 gal.... Whatever. Just looking for something that will fit on the hump of the chest freezer

3 gal better bottles are a little too tall. I've only got 15 in before I close the lid. They say they're around 19.5 in

Check out vittles vaults! They are food safe and square. I have a 50lb one that I do 12 gal batches in. They also come in much smaller sizes.

Back