Looking for a hose clip thingy....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srice

Reaction score
I'm just finishing up my mash tun 2.0. Moving from a blue cooler up to a 82 qt stainless pot. I utilize a RIMS system (Bobby's RIMS tubes rock) and a voile filter bag. On mash tun 1.0, I initially had a bulkhead installed on the back wall of the cooler where the recirc hose from the RIMS attached. When I added the filter bag, I moved the bulkhead to the lid of the cooler. This works, but it really is a PITA to have hoses attached to both sides of the lid when I open the cooler.

On mash tun 2.0, I've decided to add a slot on the rim of the lid to accommodate my recirc hose. This will allow me to remove/install the lid and leave the recirc hose in place. I can pull the lid off the mash tun and not have to worry about disconnecting hoses.

What I am looking for is something that I can slip over my 1/2" silicone tube and clip it to the side wall of the kettle. Should be a simple solution out there, but for the life of me I can't find it.

How about cementing in a "port" using a piece of cpvc pipe or coupling? Stick the hose through the port.

A port through the side of the kettle really doesn't work because I have a filter bag in place. But I like the idea of using a piece of PVC and attach some type of clip to it - like a clip on the side of a pen.

Sorry, I overlooked the part where you said you're switching to a SS kettle, I thought it was a larger cooler, hence the cementing hint.

I've been using large bulldog clips over the kettle's edge to keep things semi attached. They do tend to scratch the metal though. ;) Put a piece of rubber over them.

561339_sk_lg

Could you find a big enough binder clip?

I just spoke with and ordered a custom 1/2" SS tube bent in a J shape from Jay at NorCal. It's still being made so I can't report on how well it works but my how is to just hang it over the side of my kettle or mash tun (cooler) as needed.

Back