Looking for 2" Triclover -5500 Watt Ripple ULWD Element

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bcolonna

Reaction score
Want a good quality stainless version. Would prefer a USA made from quality stainless. Haven't heard from a HBT vendor I asked, so wanted to ask the forum.

Found one from a Still company around $80, but it doesn't say much about its material and I suspect its Chinese made.

Thanks

They are all Chinese made. Camco branded elements are the only ones that use an American manufacturer for most of thier branded elements and they don't make TC based elements. Supposedly brewboss approached them first before going with a Chinese manufacturer.
The owner of brew boss designed the TC based element that both he and brewhardware.com sells for $75 each.
There are a number of other Chinese manufacturers that now sell thier own variations. I bought my 1.5" TC based elements with the 30a twistlock plug built in for $16 each directly from a manufacturer on AliExpress. eBay has TC based elements now too.

You already know this but most of the equipment used in home brewing is Chinese made.. brand name or not.. doesn't mean it's junk.. some is and some isn't. The dernold brand elements seem to be pretty good. I've seen a bunch of failure threads about the elements from ebrew supply but they always seem to replace them no questions asked... Likely because they likely pay well inder $10 each for them from the manufacturer (I had found them on Alibaba for as little as $4 each in bulk from that manufacturer) They make so much off them they can afford to do so.
The real question is do you want to pay more now in case you might need the replacement or do you want to pay less and take your chances.. I don't mind paying a little extra to support good vendors but I paid $61 with shipping for BOTH my TC elements together last year and even if one fails some day I can still buy 2-3 more and be under that $165-170 it would have cost me to buy them from a local vendor. Thats just too big of a markup for me to ignore personally for a comparible quality Chinese product. I could be wrong but In your case you need 2" so I don't think you can get them in that config locally.

Heres a good option for 2 ". this uses the Dernold brand element.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-inch-od64...122202&hash=item1c8f390a3a:g:X1MAAOSw1XNZm3Jn

I'm sure its just me but the thing that turned me off a bit from a super heavy cnced element enclosure is now you have made the kettle the weakest point and if whacked hard enough, instead of the enclosure taking the fall you now dent and bend the kettle wall. This is probably not an issue with a keggle or very thick walled kettle though. Also due to the cord hanging out of it the enclosure and element at the other end along with the TC protecting the circumference its not realistically not likely going to be damaged in a fall by itself.

Still another option would be using something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5-Tri-Clo...535208?hash=item41ca0a1f28:g:IRwAAOSwkttZYJNs in a 2" configuration with an american made stainless based camco element if thats important to you..

Thanks to all.

I ordered the 2" TC that Augie posted and the SS element only from ebrewsupply to fit into an enclosure I already have..

Always good to have a backup.

Good find.

Would have saved me $30.

Looks just like the one I ordered from eBay.

Good find.

Would have saved me $30.

Looks just like the one I ordered from eBay.

Yes likely the same one possibly the same seller.. you would have likely waited a bit longer for it to arrive is you ordered from aliexpress.. its hit or miss on shipping times.

On a side not... this is a damn good buy for those who dont need the TC base...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Der...id=302084c3-a813-466e-80ea-9a2c88db61e0&tpp=1

I wonder how this teflon coats one would hold up?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-0...ml?spm=2114.10010108.1000015.18.628dc6eBqHJqb

Back