Looing for a Victory DirtWolf DIPA Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's going to be a tough one, it was just released this year so I'm not sure too many people have tried to brew it yet. It's a good one though!

bump

wondering if anyone has any more information to add to this, now that it has been out for a few months. this is my new favorite and would love to give it a go:rockin:

Well I had a bottle with a broken lip so there was no carbonation. Since it was already wasted I used it with my hydrometer and got 1.010 as the final gravity. With that FG it would need to be 1.076 OG to get the 8.7% ABV on the bottle
So we know:
OG: 1.076
FG: 1.010
Hops: 'Whole Flower' Chinook, Citra, Mosaic & Simcoe
Grains: Imported 2-row malts

That's 86% + attenuation so low mash required for maximum dryness. I've got something similar in the fermentor using 145F for 60minutes followed by 155F for 15minutes which allows the yeast to reach their max attenuation. Will check gravity of mine in a few days when I transfer it.

Was drinking this stuff yesterday. I would really focus on citra for the flavor additions. Some simcoe to it as well. I feel Mosaic was mostly in the nose. Chinook was probably to bitter. There wasn't a big pine flavor to this. Mostly pineapple and earthy funk similar to columbus. Dank and a bit sulfur like. Kinda skunky/sour.

Back