Longer boil + topoff. Latehops only. Same result?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HemanBrew

Reaction score
I designed a recipe that has only whirpool hops after 60min boil and dryhops later.

I had a little family emergency and the boil time something like 95 minutes. So there was more boiloff and less wort after the boil. I still use the same amount of hops as in the recipe (just whirpool and dryhops later).

I decided to boil and cool down water and topoff so much that the OG was the same as in the recipe.

So the questions:
-will the FG be the same as it would have been with 60min boil and no topoff?
-will the Ibus be the same....
-anything else to know about the affect of this?

Not worth worrying about. Relax and have a homebrew. But if you are into experiments, re-brew following your original plan and see if you can notice a difference. Who knows, maybe you've just invented a new way for a better beer? Sometimes mistakes lead to innovations.

Not worth worrying about. Relax and have a homebrew. But if you are into experiments, re-brew following your original plan and see if you can notice a difference. Who knows, maybe you've just invented a new way for a better beer? Sometimes mistakes lead to innovations.

Good point. I'm not worried about not making good beer from this. Just wondering if the numbers work like this. Do you think they do?

Ps. I know same numbers don't make same taste (necessary).

Back