Long time no post!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dorklord

Reaction score
Hey everybody, its been a long time since I've posted (been busy with work, school, all that junk).

I've still been finding time to brew, though, but it has been with sorghum extract (using honey and candy sugar as adjuncts). And although I've gotten some pretty good brews, I never had good luck when I tried to make my own specialty grains.

So, I'm wondering if there have been any amazing new discoveries while I've been away. I do see the thread about malted rice, so I'll be looking into that to see if I can order it. Also, wonder how things turned out with the malted millet that people were talking about a couple years ago.

Thanks!

Check out grouse malting and Colorado malting. Grouse only does millet and buckwheat. CMC has a separate dedicated gluten free malting operation.

Both products are good and you won't be disappointed. Eckert malting is a little newer to the table. That is the rice malt from norcal. Their specialty malts are great. I can't imagine doing a beer again without some of their killed malts. Jim aka ricemaltster is also very helpful about his malt in this forum.

Latest posts

Back