Long Time Lurker from Salt Lake City

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacobyhale

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been lurking on here for years. The past month or so I've been really intently reading posts and sucking as much knowledge from the boards as possible. I decided today that it has been so indespensable to me that I might as well post for the first time, as well as become a supporter.

I've been brewing for about 6 years, but have only done maybe 10 batches in that time. All extract brews. I do a batch, it doesn't turn out great, so I lose interest. Well, I've finally had a couple of decent beers, and man am I excited about brewing! Toss in the fact that it's a pain in the ass finding good beer in Utah, and I'm ready to make the jump to AG.

Just bottled my first Porter, and from what I can tell I think that it'll be a winner. I'm currently drinking an Alaskan Amber clone that I made, and it turned out pretty good as well. Not great, but definitely the best I've produced thus far.

Looking forward to actually participating and getting more involved in the forums! And thanks to everyone on here...you've inspired my brewing, as well as givin me an incredible base knowledge.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of great info here. Are you brewing with kits, and if so, where are you ordering from?

Welcome! The Beer Nut is a great place in SLC.

I did 5 years in Happy Valley, (Prozac, UT) :D

I did leave with a HOT St. Provo Girl Poster though!

I have mostly brewed with kits, yes. I just did a Smoked Porter from the Beer Nut. From what I can tell, it's just now bottle conditioning, it tastes great! I just moved here a few months ago from Seattle area, and man what a difference. Luckily, I live less than five minutes from the Brew Nut, which as far as I can tell is the only brew supply shop in Salt Lake??

Where are you located mrkristofo? Hehe....the Zion Curtain....that's good.

jacobyhale said:
Hehe....the Zion Curtain....that's good.

It's an inside joke only Utah residents would understand. :D

A good one at that!

Anyone brewing a BYU Brown? Perhaps a Mountain Meadows IPA? A Temple Tippler? :D

jacobyhale said:
I have mostly brewed with kits, yes. I just did a Smoked Porter from the Beer Nut. From what I can tell, it's just now bottle conditioning, it tastes great! I just moved here a few months ago from Seattle area, and man what a difference. Luckily, I live less than five minutes from the Brew Nut, which as far as I can tell is the only brew supply shop in Salt Lake??

Where are you located mrkristofo? Hehe....the Zion Curtain....that's good.

I'm in Sugarhouse, going to the U. Don't have a whole lot to share at the moment...as the sig says there's a lot of beer but it's sitting in carboys. The Beer Nut is the only shop here, but they'll take care of you. There's some really fantastic recipes in those little kits. My first brew was an IPA plus some extra hops and a dry-hop of simcoes. Still one of the best beers I've made. Plus the missionary discount is pretty sweet. Gotta love that for Teach a Friend to Homebrew day.

EdWort: Didn't know you spent much time in UT. Must be nice having an actual beer selection available again :)

And I have a feeling I know precisely the St Provo Girl poster you speak of. She watches over the brewery...

Back