Long shot... anyone have a Spike Nano setup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodolarchie

Reaction score
I know this is beyond the scope or scale of most homebrewers, but I figured it was worth a shot to see if anyone owns their Nano setup. I know the Spike guys are pretty active on the forum, but I'd love to hear from actual owner-users!
  • What works well? What do you love about it?
  • What do you wish worked better? Have you done any manual "upgrades" like hard piping etc.?
  • Any long term concerns with the serviceability of certain parts or elements?
  • How quick are your strike time and boils, and are you double batching?
  • If you've done a 1BBL step mash, were you able to ramp up sufficiently with their 3000W MCS element? e.g. How long did it take to ramp from ~143F to 152F?
  • Do you make half-batches, any issues there? What's the smallest batch size you've tried? (they quote 15g, but I'm wondering if that's based on the upper element limitation?)
  • Do you use their steam condenser? What's your experience with it, how much wastewater in a typical 1BBL brew day?
  • How long does it take you to do the CIP cycle and end of brew day tasks for the system?
  • Overall, do you feel like it was worth the price?
Cheers.

Last edited:
I'd love to know what you're wanting to use it for.
For even a small brewpub I feel like 1bbl isn't enough.
When I look at small commercial setups I personally feel like the blichmann 3.5bbl electric setup is a good value and the easiest to operate (as it's essentially an overgrown homebrew setup)
I've see that setup in operation at a brewery near me, but have never seen the spike nano in person.

Back