location for drilling the drain on a kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t_met

Reaction score
I'm about to drill my kettle for a weldless fitting. How high do I drill on the kettle. Do I have to be concerned about the rubber (silicon?) washers and the heat?

Make sure your washer doesn't sit below the bottom weld line. And just use a single silicone washer INSIDE the kettle and your good to go. Also consider attaching a dip tube to drain the last of the wort

I'm about to drill my kettle for a weldless fitting. How high do I drill on the kettle. Do I have to be concerned about the rubber (silicon?) washers and the heat?

Doesn't matter when you have a dip tube which unless you want to waste liquid you need to do.

Make sure your washer doesn't sit below the bottom weld line. And just use a single silicone washer INSIDE the kettle and your good to go. Also consider attaching a dip tube to drain the last of the wort

Mine came with two silicone washers. One for the inside, one for the outside. I was concerned that the outside one would melt if I went to low.

The inside o ring is all you need. With both o rings the valve won't seat firmly.
Everybody at my hbs saw this and said inside o ring is all you need. They were right

Latest posts

Back