Local Water Profile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthRidgeBC

Reaction score
I'm finally getting around to dialing in a few specifics with my homebrew and I'm wondering if someone could help me with my water profile. I've had conflicting ideas about my local water so I'm attaching the local water report. Any help on if I should be using it, what I need to add or how to dial in my water would be awesome!

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2016 Monroe County Water Report.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
Cant help but notice that report is from 2016 yet were in 2018. Do they have a newer one? There also looks to be some variance for different areas reflected in that report as well.

My opinion that also answers part of your question is that you should have your water tested by a lab such as Ward Lab for example. It's not too expensive and since you are interested in this topic, its the only way to know precisely what YOUR water is actually like.

Once you have the results, I'd suggest you check out Bru'n Water which will help you a lot! It can be intimidating at first but take a deep breath and RTFM.. lol Its really not that bad, it just has a lot of dials and levers so to speak..

https://sites.google.com/site/brunwater/

Back