Local Swap-o-Rama #2, Bomber style!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
427Cobra said:
Wow just wow! This bomb was waiting for me when I got home! Thanks Justin! Cannot wait to sample these.

This looks a lot like my fridge right now.

Love seeing packages on the steps, specially when you have no idea your getting one.

Big shout out to garry!!!
Although i just picked up a bomber of ruinten on my way home to this package!! Lol good looks though glad to have another bottle

I was planning on brewing a smores stout soon and campfire stout sounds amazing! Big ups!

And of course. Russian river, you are the effing man!!!

Also theres no label or anything on your homebrew bomber? What is it?!? The suspense is killing me lol

Awesome swap guys, cant wait for next round.

Cheers

image-1730843311.jpg

Johnnyhitch1 said:
Love seeing packages on the steps, specially when you have no idea your getting one.

Although i just picked up a bomber of ruinten on my way home to this package!! Lol good looks though glad to have another bottle

I was planning on brewing a smores stout soon and campfire stout sounds amazing! Big ups!

Also theres no label or anything on your homebrew bomber? What is it?!? The suspense is killing me lol

Cheers

Only one way to find out lol

Johnnyhitch1 said:

Cheers

Nice to see that the package arrived and all the bottles survived the trip. That home brew bomber is a ipa hopped with centennial, cascade and lightly dry hopped with cascade.

Nice to see that the package arrived and all the bottles survived the trip. That home brew bomber is a ipa hopped with centennial, cascade and lightly dry hopped with cascade.

Glad to see you were from one of the Under 100 entries!!

Cheers, i look forward to all the brews!!

That campfire stout is excellent. Just polished that off the other night from round one. These local swaps are going excellent. Now when I get home from vermont I can send out mine. Hmm

One more update. 4 of 20 landed.

7/1/13 (unsure of status, maybe delivered today?)
7/2/13
7/2/13
7/3/13
7/3/13
7/3/13
7/3/13
7/5/13
7/8/13
7/8/13
7/8/13

Only 5 packages have not shipped. 2 of which are just waiting for an "under 100" guy's package to land (the other one was given the ok today, Thanks Val for moving so quickly on that!)

Well almost' all of the trades will get there before the 4th :)

11 to be precise. So that's over half! Pretty good. Especially if you consider 3 of them likely would not have made it anyway due to having to wait to ship. So only 17 could have realistically made it. We hit 65%.

Not to shabby ladies and gents, I think you've all made this round go very well.

My package just landed on someone's porch!
Also, refrigerate the homebrew right away... I shipped it last Tuesday! Probably best if you drink it first too :)

My package just landed on someone's porch!
Also, refrigerate the homebrew right away... I shipped it last Tuesday! Probably best if you drink it first too :)

I'm guessing that it was my porch since it came from PA. Thank you! Nice selection of stuff I haven't had. It's funny though that this is my 2nd local swap and both times my sender has been from PA so I'm really glad there were no duplicates. It's also been great cause we are heading to/through PA next month and now I have a few ideas of places to check out. We won't have much time but there's always room in the schedule for beer stops.

What are the homebrews? I'm guessing one is a stout based on the color and the S, but not sure about the ME?

And without further ado, here is some beer pron for everyone:
image-101068904-74be16979710d4c4e7c6647856088456.png

You know, I double checked to be sure no one got the same recipient. And I distinctly remember looking at yours and triple checking since it was pa again...but it didn't dawn on me that it would be pa again lol.

I will try to keep an eye on this as best I can, I meant to. Glad it worked out so well thouh and no dupes.

I'm guessing that it was my porch since it came from PA. Thank you! Nice selection of stuff I haven't had. It's funny though that this is my 2nd local swap and both times my sender has been from PA so I'm really glad there were no duplicates. It's also been great cause we are heading to/through PA next month and now I have a few ideas of places to check out. We won't have much time but there's always room in the schedule for beer stops.

What are the homebrews? I'm guessing one is a stout based on the color and the S, but not sure about the ME?

And without further ado, here is some beer pron for everyone:

This may not be from me.. I can't see the pic, but I only sent one homebrew, a DIPA ..

Looks like two boxes from pa will land today

no worries TheMan! I'm pretty sure that I could ship someone haf a dozen bombers every week for quite some time before I had to duplicate something.

So it looks like it was actually 427Cobra that hooked it up for me, thanks Cobra! Please let me know more about these homebrews when you get chance.

Swmbo is evil!!! Sent me these pics ehile I'm stuck at work and wont tell me what tasty treats are waiting for me

That's all it is.... in reality she's probably put them in to chill by now

Yep! My SWMBO did this the other day, was nice to come home to treats AND they were cold. win win situation!!

The suspense is killing me, wheres everyones pics?! werent 4-5 supposed to land today!!

EDIT: I see now, the big days tmrow!

Can't wait to dive into this amazing haul

ForumRunner_20130702_172121.jpg

They all look like my kind of brews and the home brew sounds amazing. .... going to try it first

Well, we got to see the two pics for today. We might get a late night pic from the last guy that should have received today. Or early tomorrow morning is my guess.

Also, Monday ill start hassling everyone that hasn't shipped since the guideline was to have it in recips hand by july 12, just an fyi lol

I think i'm the last one to show a pic. Problem is, i'll be working till 11. If i can keep my eyes open long enough, i'll try to get a pic.

DrPhunk said:
no worries TheMan! I'm pretty sure that I could ship someone haf a dozen bombers every week for quite some time before I had to duplicate something.

So it looks like it was actually 427Cobra that hooked it up for me, thanks Cobra! Please let me know more about these homebrews when you get chance.

Yup that was from me! Really glad everything made it safely. I wrote a note about the beers and as usual once I got done packing them I had left it out. I actually taped it to the top of box so if you still have the box I wrote a little something about each beer in the note.

Home brews are nothing special. I started all grain and kegging about 6 months ago and my beer has greatly improved. Unfortunately for you those two homebrews were my last extract batches. S = Stout as you guessed and ME = an IPA that I forget what it was hopped with. Will let you know as soon as I get a chance to check my notes.

Let me if you are driving through Pittsburgh and maybe we could meet up for a beer! Enjoy.

I hate being an 'after the 4th' guy but I'm pretty sure my guy will be pleased. Can't wait to get my goodies either!!!!'

427Cobra said:
Yup that was from me! Really glad everything made it safely. I wrote a note about the beers and as usual once I got done packing them I had left it out. I actually taped it to the top of box so if you still have the box I wrote a little something about each beer in the note.

Home brews are nothing special. I started all grain and kegging about 6 months ago and my beer has greatly improved. Unfortunately for you those two homebrews were my last extract batches. S = Stout as you guessed and ME = an IPA that I forget what it was hopped with. Will let you know as soon as I get a chance to check my notes.

Let me if you are driving through Pittsburgh and maybe we could meet up for a beer! Enjoy.

Hey Pat, thanks for the reply! I recovered the note from the box, it had been covered up by the FedEx tag. I'm looking forward to trying everything in the box, although I may age the Lavery Saison w/ Brett. Don't be so hard on the extract, I'm sure the brews are great. Thanks again!

Back