Local Only Trade (LOT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@TwistedGray your package was sent out on Wednesday this past week, sorry been super busy with the family illness and scouts.

I have misplaced the receipt with the tracking info, but I would think that it should arrive today. If I find the tracking number I'll get to you.

Renoun
I went shopping for you today and it's packaged up and should be shipped out tomorrow for you. I will send you a pm with the tracking info

@Pointcity-homebrew

Received a wide assortment of goodies today! Oh what to try ... what to try.

REMINDER!! Whoever is up next, I will grant if you will receive; just PM your address and anything that you don't want...or in particular do want.

20161025_161129.jpg

I just sent out a package to Renoun today sent a PM with the tracking number should be their in 4 days. Hope you enjoy it. I added a bonus beer in the package not as fresh as I would have liked it to be but still a tasty beer.

I just sent out a package to Renoun today sent a PM with the tracking number should be their in 4 days. Hope you enjoy it. I added a bonus beer in the package not as fresh as I would have liked it to be but still a tasty beer.

Means you are up to be granted, and I am here to grant :) ...if you want!

That's fine with me twistedgray. I am new to this list so let's wait till renoun gets his package and post then I will send my address to you if that's cool with you? I am a stout, IPA and pale ale fan from Ohio. Not a fan of sours

I also need to learn how to post itrader feedback if anyone can help with that. Don't see where to do that from the mobile app.

That's fine with me twistedgray. I am new to this list so let's wait till renoun gets his package and post then I will send my address to you if that's cool with you? I am a stout, IPA and pale ale fan from Ohio. Not a fan of sours

Got it and I don't mind waiting. I'll have everything boxed, ready to go.

Going to have a hard time finding a local stout, but got the rest covered.

I just sent out a package to Renoun today sent a PM with the tracking number should be their in 4 days.

I've got the tracking number and the timing couldn't be better since I'm currently out of town. It will also be nice to surprise my girlfriend's housemate with some cool Ohio beers that probably weren't being brewed when she left home.

Hit all 4 corners and the center of Ohio our neighbor up north and the bonus beer from our neighbor to the west. Here in Toledo not a lot of the breweries bottle or can but I consider anything in Ohio local lol

@Pointcity-homebrew

Received a wide assortment of goodies today! Oh what to try ... what to try.

REMINDER!! Whoever is up next, I will grant if you will receive; just PM your address and anything that you don't want...or in particular do want.

Glad to see that it all made it safe.

Most of those are from MS, Wiseacre and Yazoo are TN breweries.

I wanted to get som AL,GA,FL stuff out to you, hence the initial delay, but we never made it to GA due to the reason you and I spoke about.

Let me know what you think, I am pretty proud of what our locals are putting out.

Hit all 4 corners and the center of Ohio our neighbor up north and the bonus beer from our neighbor to the west. Here in Toledo not a lot of the breweries bottle or can but I consider anything in Ohio local lol

It's maddening that all the beer you sent is spending the weekend in a delivery truck a couple of miles away from where I'm house-sitting now. I bet FexEx has good fences and security guards, guess I can't just go help myself. I wont be home to get it until Tue. or Wed.

That's fine with me twistedgray. I am new to this list so let's wait till renoun gets his package and post then I will send my address to you if that's cool with you? I am a stout, IPA and pale ale fan from Ohio. Not a fan of sours.

Shipped package to @Bigfish713 (PM in your inbox). Enjoy ... unfortunately not too many uber local stouts around here ... mainly IPAs, Ales and Sours (note: no sours shipped; I'll happily drink them myself).

Enjoy!

Finally got home to defuse the porch bomb my girlfriend moved into the garage. Bigfish713 hooked me up and his pampers inside the packaging is a novel technique to avoid leakage that others should adopt.
all_bottles.jpg

Founders: KBS (breakfast stout)
Rivertown: BA Old Sour Cherry Porter
Jolley Pumpkin: La Roja Cop de Plata (blended BA sour)
Madtree: PsychHOPathy (IPA)
North High: Milk Stout
Rhinegeist: Truth (IPA)
Maumee Bay: Total Eclipse (breakfast stout)
Three Floyds: Zombie Dust (pale ale)
Fat Heads: Head Hunter (IPA)

KBS_Riv_JP.JPG
cans.JPG
ZD.JPG

All very cool. I got to try KBS at a festival once but I suspect that the rest of these beers never make it here. A little Jolly Pumpkin does travel out here but mere mortals don't ever get any of of it. I'm sharing the Zombie Dust and IPA's with my girlfriend's housemate from Ohio tonight but figuring out how/when to drink the others is going to be very tough, especially deciding who to share them with.

Thanks for the cool grant, I always love it when I get off my ass and set up a trade. These blind trades are always wonderful and such pleasant surprises when they arrive.

Finally got home to defuse the porch bomb my girlfriend moved into the garage. Bigfish713 hooked me up and his pampers inside the packaging is a novel technique to avoid leakage that others should adopt.
View attachment 375991

Founders: KBS (breakfast stout)
Rivertown: BA Old Sour Cherry Porter
Jolley Pumpkin: La Roja Cop de Plata (blended BA sour)
Madtree: PsychHOPathy (IPA)
North High: Milk Stout
Rhinegeist: Truth (IPA)
Maumee Bay: Total Eclipse (breakfast stout)
Three Floyds: Zombie Dust (pale ale)
Fat Heads: Head Hunter (IPA)

View attachment 375992
View attachment 375993
View attachment 375994

All very cool. I got to try KBS at a festival once but I suspect that the rest of these beers never make it here. A little Jolly Pumpkin does travel out here but mere mortals don't ever get any of of it. I'm sharing the Zombie Dust and IPA's with my girlfriend's housemate from Ohio tonight but figuring out how/when to drink the others is going to be very tough, especially deciding who to share them with.

Thanks for the cool grant, I always love it when I get off my ass and set up a trade. These blind trades are always wonderful and such pleasant surprises when they arrive.

That's just plain Breakfast Stout. KBS is a different beer. Still very tasty though.

Cool will check that out how do I leave itrader feedback can't seem to find it on the mobile app

Oh ok. I was mostly curious about the legality, as homebrew can be gifted but not traded

Chicago here, so If I wanted in on this, while I have no problem shipping first, who would I be shipping to. and 48 oz, can it be the same, or all different, or a mix?

Chicago here, so If I wanted in on this, while I have no problem shipping first, who would I be shipping to. and 48 oz, can it be the same, or all different, or a mix?

You would be shipping to whoever granted last. In this case, I am granting jimyson and will probably ship tomorrow so I will be up for a grant. As far as the 48 oz goes that's all up to you. Of course we all like a little variety and we usually ask the recipient for favorite styles or dislikes so we can represent our area well to them and get them some tasty stuff. Again, it's really up to you. 48 oz of local beer is the minimum but some people will send chocolate (thanks for that btw @Renoun), cups, shirts, whatever you feel like sending the only requirment is 48 oz of beer.

Cheers :ban:

My suggestion, having now granted twice and received twice, is to read back a few pages to get a general idea of what people are shipping.

definitely interested in Texas brews. I've gotten some great stuff Houston and Austin. would love some more. I'll PM my address.

Central FL based seeking anything Yards Brewing (Philly, PA), ESA or Ales Of The Revolution would be dope.

I can get a bunch of cool local FL stuff (green bench, red cypress, intuition, central 28 for example) as well as terrapin, cigar city, funky buddha...just to name a few.

Central FL based seeking anything Yards Brewing (Philly, PA), ESA or Ales Of The Revolution would be dope.

I can get a bunch of cool local FL stuff (green bench, red cypress, intuition, central 28 for example) as well as terrapin, cigar city, funky buddha...just to name a few.

Philly here. Yards sounds pretty familiar, I think I've seen it had it on tap before

Package arrived unharmed from @jimyson in Ohio.

We have from left to right: City Boy Berliner Weisse (Platform Beer Co.), Shade (Madtree Brewing Company), Berliner Weisse (Jackie O's), Maker of Things - Sour Red Ale (Little Fish Brewing Co.), and a Lambic (Rivertown).

Where to begin?!

20161116_141356.jpg

Back