• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Maryland Local Equipment Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EarlyAmateurZymurgist

Reaction score
*** For Sale to Baltimore/Washington D.C. Metro Area Brewers Only (Preferably Central Maryland) ***

Lightly used Polar Ware 321BP Brew Pot

fs_kettle1_zps50e0471d.jpg

fs_kettle2_zps71313a2f.jpg

fs_kettle3_zpsd3354947.jpg

fs_kettle4_zps31a5ca3a.jpg

The 321BP shown above is from Polar Ware's top of line, U.S.-made collection of brewing kettles. Unlike the economy Polar Kettles that are sold in most home brewing supply shops, the 321BP has factory-welded fittings (the holes are dimpled before the fittings are welded). This particular 321BP only comes with the ball valve and the lid (which has an integral hook for hanging it on the side of the kettle). The thermoport is currently plugged with a removable stainless steel plug. The Polar Ware part number for the thermometer is 5015; however, any 1/2" NPT thermometer can be used on this kettle. Polar Ware states that the kettle volume is 8 gallons. However, the internal dimensions are 14" wide by 12.5" high, which means that the internal volume is 7 x 7 x 3.14 x 12.5 / 231 = 8.33 gallons (there are 231 cubic inches in a gallon), which is sufficient for 5-gallon all-grain batches (6.0 to 6.5 gallons at the beginning of boil) and watched 5.5-gallon all-grain batches (6.5 to 7.0 gallons at the beginning of boil). It can also be used as a direct-fired mash tun with the optional Polar Ware 5014 false bottom or as a hot liquor back. I purchased this kettle last summer when I first got back into brewing. I used it for a few batches while the custom kettle that I was building was out being welded (I built a custom-size kettle for brewing 3.65 gallon batches). The 321BP runs about $250.00 +/- $10.00 new. I would like to get $150.00 for it.

New Speidel 30L fermentation vessel

speidel_zps60e5db9b.jpg

This fermenter is large enough to ferment a 30L batch with room to spare. My standard primary volume is 3.375 gallons (3.625 gallons at the of boil), so I have decided to sell it and purchase a smaller stainless steel fermenter. I would like to get $49.00 for it. I know that that's not huge discount off of the retail price, but this fermenter has never been unused.

Counter Flow Wort Chillers

chillers_zpsb8535b60.jpg

The counter flow chillers shown above are designed to be stacked with tap water running through the top chiller while ice water is circulated through the bottom chiller. One chiller is wound clockwise while the other is wound counterclockwise. I built these chillers using brass compression fittings and heater hose that is rated to 212F. Note that these chillers have swivel female garden hose fittings that work like the female fittings that one finds on a garden hose. The leading counter flow chiller on the market that looks like the chillers shown above uses a non-swivel female garden hose fitting, which means that one has to spin the chiller onto the cold water hose. I have about $75.00 dollars in parts in each of these chillers (excluding the time and tools required to build them); therefore, I am asking $130.00 for the pair. The commercial chiller that looks like these chillers runs $105.00, and it uses standard hot water garden hose, not heater hose.

*** Interested parties should send a PM ***

NVM, OP fixed it

The original ad stated where I was located in the bread crumb trail (i.e., Home Brew Forums > Home Brew Market > For Sale > Maryland Local Equipment Sale). My location was also included in the "prefix" for the thread, which could be viewed when the thread title was included in the thread listing for the "For Sale" sub-forum (look to the left of the thread title on each thread when you enter the "For Sale" subforum). This information cannot be modified after a thread has been created. All I did was highlight where the gear was located in the body of the ad for those who insist on scanning a posting before replying.

Simmer down, I was only trying to help. I clicked through before seeing Maryland earlier, sorry for missing that and thanks for adding the location in the thread itself. It can be easily missed if you're using the phone app. Good luck with the sale, looks like someone will get a good deal!

Brewing for my sanity

Latest posts

Back