Local beer swaps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpenn35

Reaction score
I'd like to trade some local beers if anyone is interested. I live in Indiana and we have a lot of fine breweries, plus we get a lot of stuff from Michigan and Ohio breweries around here as well.

I'd like to try some stuff from around the country, especially stouts, porters, ESB's, and IPAs.

If anyone is interested, especially in a particular brewery or Indiana beer, let me know!

I'm down in Georgetown Indiana and have some access to stuff also. I'd love to swap growlers somehow....I am right by NABC, BBC, and Cumberland Brewery. I know NABC and BBC are avauilable in bottles but nothing quite like fresh draft craft!! I am in love with Fountain Square Brewery and if you are up for it, i'd love to make swapping happen!

cbhuffman11-I'm within about 25 minutes of Fountain Square Brewery. I went there once when I ran to get supplies at Tuxedo Park, but the brewery was closed so I haven't tried anything there. I'm familiar with BBC, but not NABC or Cumberland. I don't know how long the beer would last in a growler if it's mailed...Any experience doing that?

Chew78-Sorry, I just now saw that I had to replies to this thread. I can probably get some 3 Floyds stuff around here, but I've never actually seen their stuff at the three liquor stores in town (I live about 10 miles west of the city.) I'll keep an eye out for some of their six packs. What beer of theirs were you looking for? Also, I've had Schafly from St. Louis, but can't think of any others. What good micro-breweries do you have around there?

I've done it a couple times. It is imperitive to keep it cold, but then again, it would be here/there in a day due to proximity. We could always try, if it fails we are out $20, then the next time I'd contact you and when I visit my sister in law in Indy we could meet and swap.

NABC-New Albanian is a brewing curve. I personally do not love their brew, but a vast majority of this area does... alot! It depends on your tastes, they have a few really hoppy beers that people love...Hoptimus is 100IBU's and their Community Dark is a well received beer. Growlers are relatively cheap also 12 bucks.

Cumberland is a little brewery in louisville and my favorite in the area. They fill growlers for 8 and new ones are 12. A really neat little place, very Asheville ish...would fit perfectly there if you have been you understand.

Fountain Square is a must. Upstart, neat, the guys there are really cool, plus you can order pints while visiting. That's something Sun King, Bier, and Flat 12 do not offer. I reccomend it. I fell in love with their Famer's Daughter Amber. I am a sucker for a good wheat beer or a good amber.

Let me know what kind of beer you like and we can talk about trying it out.

Ahh, I've had a few New Albanian beers but I don't recall off hand which ones.

I like stouts and porters, but I also really like IPAs. If it's dark and malty or light and very hoppy, I'll probably like it...I'll check out New Albanian and Cumberland and see what they've got.

Now that I re-read your post and saw Hoptimus, that sounds familiar and may be one of the ones I've tried...

Back