Little on the Way

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hatchbrew

Reaction score
Just wanted to share that I just found out that the Lady & I are expecting!
Toyed around with putting this in fermentation or brewing, but landed it here. We'll be having our little brewski in May!

I have 2. A seven year old girl and a 18 month old boy. Best thing to ever happen to me and my wife. Congrats!

Oh and boys are nuts and girls are emotional, be warned.

Coldies, they're both nuts and emotional. I teach kids gardening, nutrition and cooking for a it is always "entertaining". HAHA, so excited for one of my own.

Yeah, the first baby is a system-shock. Wife and I just took our 3rd in-stride. For the first 4-5 weeks, if it is after 8:00pm and they are sleeping, you should be too. Other than that, they dont do much besides eat, sleep and poop, but if you plan to sleep your normal 6-7 hours from 11:00pm until 6:00am, they will definitely have other plans.

Congrats! When I brew, I tell my wife to go do something fun for the day, and I brew with my 2 year old and 3 week old boys. Brewed a few test batches last week with a 2 week old in the baby bjorn. Fun, but possibly a little dangerous. I got in trouble for that one.

Congrats!

My wife and I recently adopted a newborn, I agree that it is a system shock!

I wouldnt change a thing though, best thing that has happened to us.

Congrats! When I brew, I tell my wife to go do something fun for the day, and I brew with my 2 year old and 3 week old boys. Brewed a few test batches last week with a 2 week old in the baby bjorn. Fun, but possibly a little dangerous. I got in trouble for that one.

{lightbulb pops on in head} :rockin:

Thanks everyone!! It is all I can think about. But I am in a great mood, and my brewing is showing it.

mlyday said:
You better start brewing now, get the pipeline stocked up good. Oh, and congratulations.

+10000. I have 4 month old and my stockpile is now gone. I had to buy beer today. If you're AG, look into going back to extract for a few speed brews.

Oh yeah, having your own kid is really cool. I still hate other people's kids though.

Also, look into the 2 camera baby monitors. I can put one on the kid and one on the kettle.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Way cool!!! I have a 3 almost 4 year old and a 15 month old. The oldest does all my hop additions. He will be a brew master by 10. The youngest likes to play in a 5 g bucket of sanitizer. I guess he's clean.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

congrats!
like any good beer.....worth waiting for that 9 months to perfect, and the end product?........fantastic...life altering....joy
(pun intended.......this a beer forum, not so?)
(I have TWINS!! good luck if you do aswell)

Back