Little Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZBeerNut

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Dear smarter-than-me folks (so... dear... everyone),

Bought me a 25.1 cu ft chest freezer to convert into a kegerator (kegador? keezer? refrigerakeg? nectarofthegodsdispensary?).

I'm going super simple on this thing... so I really just plan to throw a temperature controller into the mix... drill a hole (or holes) through the top for a tower (or towers) and...... well...... pretty much ta-da.

That said...

What in the wide-wide-world-of-beer is the best way to get 6 spouts?
All the 6-spout towers I find are 400 bones or more (which seems pretty exorbitant to me).

Any hints from you handy geniuses out there??

:mug:

For a stainless steel six tap t-tower, $400 is likely the "economy" end of the price range, as I suspect you've already found. That's about $100 less than I spent - and I bought mine (counts fingers) over 5 years ago.

brewpints.jpg

Aside from stumbling into a used tower, I suspect you're just gonna have to buck up and take the hit.

btw, 24 cubic feet? You gonna store some bodies in there with the kegs?

Cheers! ;)

Bought me a 25.1 cu ft chest freezer to convert into a kegerator (kegador? keezer? refrigerakeg? nectarofthegodsdispensary?).

I'm going super simple on this thing... so I really just plan to throw a temperature controller into the mix... drill a hole (or holes) through the top for a tower (or towers) and...... well...... pretty much ta-da.

That said...

All the 6-spout towers I find are 400 bones or more (which seems pretty exorbitant to me).

Maybe put two three tap towers through the lid? Would still put you over 300 though.

You could also do a custom PVC hoop. Then your cost would really just boil down to faucets shanks and lines.

For a stainless steel six tap t-tower, $400 is likely the "economy" end of the price range, as I suspect you've already found. That's about $100 less than I spent - and I bought mine (counts fingers) over 5 years ago.

View attachment 277679

Aside from stumbling into a used tower, I suspect you're just gonna have to buck up and take the hit.

btw, 24 cubic feet? You gonna store some bodies in there with the kegs?

Cheers! ;)
I saw one on craigslist locally about a month ago for $80.... the deals are rare though...

I suggest making a wooden coffin box to house the taps like a lot of the pubs do it.... I think you want to google "irish coffin box"
(Or click the link below)

https://www.google.com/search?q=irsh+coffin+box&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

This is what I plan on doing myself...

That said...

just quoting you to make sure you see my comment above... :mug:

Are you really solid on the tower? A collar might be the easiest/cheapest way to go for 6 taps...

Back