Little Caesars crazy IPA experiment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a serious note, I would think there would be enough fat in that dough to have a bad effect on the beer's head retention.

picsorbust.jpg

I once mashed 5# of bread with a like amount of two row. Lightly hopped, made a nice lawnmower beer. It had a slightly weird flavor that I eventually attributed to all the salt in the bread. Called it Breadweiser.

Crazy bread = Good
Beer = Good
Crazy bread + beer = Gooder

It's just good science

I once read about a dude who fermented an entire birthday cake when nobody showed up to his birthday party. I'm sure it tasted wretched but it did in fact produce beer.

From what I remember scarfing down that stuff as a kid, its COVERED in oils. Even the bag (which seems to have a waxy finish to combat this) soaks through

But I think since you added it in the mash, the grains could soak up most of that and it probably wont have too much effect on the final beer

From what I remember scarfing down that stuff as a kid, its COVERED in oils. Even the bag (which seems to have a waxy finish to combat this) soaks through

But I think since you added it in the mash, the grains could soak up most of that and it probably wont have too much effect on the final beer

With all that oil the OP won't need any Fermcap.

So after 2 years and a few days, I'd like to report this beer didnt work so well, it tastes great, but it looks like a New England IPA, I hate New England IPAs

It's really not that weird when you consider what some breweries throw in the mash or boil. Donuts, smoked ants, oysters, Japanese knotweed, etc. has been done.

Back