Listen to the Beer Gods

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Browningbuck

Reaction score
Well i was excited to brew this weekend being I finally had both my conicals available and that i had a new ferm chamber available. All week i set up for the day, purchased grains built two yeast starters (a lager and a 1056) being this would be my first split batch. Previously I purchased a few True GDM10PT refrigerators that needed a little fix and to be recharged with refrigerant. I scheduled a tech back in early January to come charge and do the fix they knew the capillary line was cut and what they needed. They show up with out the line and state they need to do a diagnostic and review. Being upset i sent them on their way. Not having a second fermenter camber i decided to pull out plan B, a nice English Brown that i had just tasted the week before and snagged a recipe for. So started prepping again getting water calculated and uploading the recipe into the software for the day being i still had one chamber that is working. Finally i decided to call in my grain bill to the LHBS so i could pull a drive by and grab my stuff. The owner picks up and we start with the 22 pounds of the base malt and.... "Sorry, we are out of that as of today" pretty common base malt, so we call the not so favorite LHBS ...Déjà vu... "Sorry we dont have any of that, would you want to use maris otter ?" Of course not ....

So if youve read all the way through this i will say i commend you for your dedication and leave you with my thoughts on this: The Beer Gods spoke and they spoke clearly, "DO NOT BREW". those that dont listen often cuss and regret not trusting their gut feeling.

Now time to relax and figure out if im going shooting or fishing?:tank:

should be full and cold in 24 hours but she'll be empty and warm :(

marisotter-64925.jpg

I would think Maris Otter would be just right for an English Brown. Better than American 2 row. But i didn't get to taste the one you did. :) The gods have spoken. Remember

Beer > I

It wasn't two row but went out four wheeling with the lady got stuck for ten min in the snow had a snow ball fight and tons of fun exploring! Still a great day.

Sorry you missed your brew-day. Glad you had fun anyway. I've delayed a couple of brews when things didn't line up. But it's rarely grain, I keep plenty on hand, and buy two row in 50lb sacks.

Back